DiS 11-a-side football // Sunday 16 June // 2 PM

DiS FC v Stokey FC

Islington Tennis Centre
Market Road
N7 9PL
https://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/london/islington/marketroad

Thanks to everyone who played in the Reds v Blues game the other day, it was (as always) a very fun match played in exactly the right spirit. And what a thrilling penalty shootout!

We will have one more game before the summer break. We will play Stokey FC on Sunday 16 June at Market Road. Note the slightly earlier kick off time of 2 PM.

Stokey FC are the team formerly known as AFC Muswell Hill II. We played them last year in September at their ground and we only narrowly lost in what was otherwise a very even game. This should be a good one too I’d expect.

As always with international friendlies, we’ll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.

The usual blurb:

• we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
  • changing rooms with shower and toilet facilities are available
  • 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
  • arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
  • kick-off at 2 PM sharp
  • full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
  • normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
  • we will play in our traditional RED shirts
  • everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
  • if you prefer to just come along and watch, that is fine too
  • final team selection will be announced in the days leading up to the game
  • 8 pounds per player will be collected on the day
  • post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub

Come on, you know you want to.

Put your name down by replying below.(unless you have already replied to my email).

The next game after this will be another Reds v Blues, provisionally pencilled in for Sunday 22 September. I also expect a friendly against Cardiff City Journalists to be confirmed for October, and we may do another Reds v Blues in late November. Anyone fancy playing at Regents Park again?

can I do both? I’m going to do both.

IN

1 Like

I am provisionally pencilling in 22 sept in my calendar for a poss. return :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I reckon you can count me in for this one

2 Likes

This is Father’s Day, and we have a family meal on that day, so I’m OUT.

7 players confirmed so far. Let’s go on a recruitment drive.

Understood. I’ll let you know.

Can’t make this one obvs, but may be down in Sept/Oct and tie it in with some lovely football.

You lot fancy a pre-season tour to Scotland so me and @fitzcarraldo can put together a team of questionable ability to play you?

1 Like

Personally I do fancy that, but given that we can’t get enough people for our annual trip to Amsterdam, and we failed to get a team together for a rematch against @Aggpass’s lot in Sheffield, I doubt we have the numbers for a Scotland trip. But I can ask the question …

1 Like

Glasgow is better than Amsterdam and Sheffield.

1 Like

I’d be up for the trip

2 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Was talking to Ormsby and Jem about a Brixton game up in Sheffield in pre-season too if you’re keen

1 Like

Yeah I would

11 players confirmed for Sunday now, with another 5 maybe. The latter category includes @thedistrict and @mildmanneredjanitor.

1 Like

It looks like I might be free for this now.

Louis is playing so you can reclaim your right-back position

Hopefully I won’t injure myself again this time.

1 Like

I’m sure one of the teams will be happy to give you a home for the day

Team selection for Sunday

Ant
Bamos
Dan S
Hoogy [c]
Isaac
Jake M
James H
Ken
Lionel
Louis
Mark
Oliver
Owen
Rob
Tom V

If possible turn up in red shirt/white shorts/white socks. If you have one, wear the official DiS FC top. There are a handful of spare ones for those that don’t have anything red. And bring shin pads, as the ref may insist on them. And bring £8 please to cover the costs.

See you Sunday!

1 Like