DiS FC v Stokey FC
Islington Tennis Centre
Thanks to everyone who played in the Reds v Blues game the other day, it was (as always) a very fun match played in exactly the right spirit. And what a thrilling penalty shootout!
We will have one more game before the summer break. We will play Stokey FC on Sunday 16 June at Market Road. Note the slightly earlier kick off time of 2 PM.
Stokey FC are the team formerly known as AFC Muswell Hill II. We played them last year in September at their ground and we only narrowly lost in what was otherwise a very even game. This should be a good one too I’d expect.
As always with international friendlies, we’ll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- changing rooms with shower and toilet facilities are available
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 2 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- we will play in our traditional RED shirts
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- if you prefer to just come along and watch, that is fine too
- final team selection will be announced in the days leading up to the game
- 8 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to.
Put your name down by replying below.(unless you have already replied to my email).
The next game after this will be another Reds v Blues, provisionally pencilled in for Sunday 22 September. I also expect a friendly against Cardiff City Journalists to be confirmed for October, and we may do another Reds v Blues in late November. Anyone fancy playing at Regents Park again?