Whittington Park Football Pitch
This is the penultimate Reds v Blues game of the year. There are still a lot of trophies to be won, such as The Golden Boot, Goal Of The Season and Best Captain Of The Year. Please note that we do not accept any further entries for Totally Massively Perma-Crocked Player as we have already far too many nominees for that award
There are also two international friendlies left to play, against Brewdog and To Madeira. And we will have our revenge on the Cardiff City Journalists in February.
And finally, the end-of-season awards party will definitively not take place at The Blue Posts in Soho: Gentrification 1 - DiS 0. I’m currently eyeing up the Three Kings in Clerkenwell as an alternative.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 30 October: DiS v Brewdog (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Saturday 26 November: DiS v To Madeira (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 4 December: reds v blues (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Thursday 15 December: Annual Awards Night (7:30 PM, location t.b.c.)