Whittington Park Football Pitch
This will be the final game of the year. Maybe it’ll be another silly one, especially if yours truly volunteers for a spell in the nets again. Or will we finally see the return of our no 1 ‘proper’ goalie?
And it is your last chance to put yourself forward for one of those coveted trophies, to be handed out 10 days later. As was shown in Saturday’s game, even the anticipated Golden Boot winner may be under threat, if the current appetite for goals continues.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 4 December: Reds v Blues (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Thursday 15 December: Annual Awards Night (7:30 PM, Craft Beer Co., Islington.)
Sunday 8 January: Reds v Blues (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Saturday 2 February: international friendly vs Cardiff City Journalists (12 PM, Market Road)