DiS Admin ‘Super Users’

Posting a new thread for max visibility - I’ll check this thread and the original post which is exactly the same as this here:

Because DiS will now be hosted on a private solution, the community will now be responsible for it’s routine maintenance going forward (updates to the discourse software, extra functionality, etc), and will also be responsible for fixing any technical problems that may arise.

To do this, we need a group of at least 5 users, but ideally more, who are comfortable with things like:

Running basic scripts
Connecting to a remote, command line based server
Willing to fix issues if they arise, and find solutions if a cause isn’t known

These people wouldn’t be admins ordinarily - my thinking was that they would be granted admin rights by the current group of moderators and administrators if their assistance was required on a temporary basis, but obviously, this one is up for debate. They should be long standing, trusted members of the boards, though.

Its super, super important that we have a good group of people available on dis who can react in case something goes wrong technically speaking. Please indicate your availability for this sort of role in the poll below. We are also aiming to meet on a Zoom chat this week - possibly Thursday 18:30 GMT, to go through some of the processes.

Already included @profk @megalithicrock @escutcheon @zeal:

• I would like to volunteer

0 voters

1 Like

boss me about profk is well sexy

20 Likes

some volunteers would be sexier imo.

its pish tbh. plus you get to impress your mates by saying you’re a Drowned in Sound Super User.

1 Like

I can help but I’m out this Thursday so will need to catch up with you another time

1 Like

These Marvel universe franchises are getting pretty tenuous

2 Likes

Great stuff

you’re all super users to me! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I vote @tuna