DiS Album of the Day Thread : Day #12 Frankie Sparo - My Red Scare

I own Emoh on cd, have no memory of it what so ever. In general i’ve given Lou Barlow a lot of chances, sebadoh, folk implosion, this one, remember circa 2000 spending months trying to track down the freed weed because I wanted to hear the J Mascis bashing, none of it has ever landed with me.

i’ll give it a listen

its alright

I can identify with this to an extent as I’ve dipped into sebadoh and folk implosion and they’ve not done much for me.

Emoh is a different beast entirely.

Solid rec, here. Throw some logs in the fireplace and sat down with a good book, this in the background. Nice lounging around on a Friday music. Haven’t heard Barlow since the 90’s, voice still sounds superb.

Not heard this before. What a lovely little album.

Day 5:

Stina Nordenstam - The World Is Saved

Stina Nordernstam - The World is Saved
Genre: Dream Pop/Art Pop/ Jazz Pop
Release: 2004
Submitted By: @Juke
My favourite album, the most perfect thing to listen to on headphones especially when it’s cold. I’d really like everyone to agree with me that it’s a masterpiece.

Emoh, an album by Lou Barlow on Spotify

New album every day at about 5pm!
If you would like to suggest an album (can be anything at all) please PM me (max 4 suggestions) I will alternate between users as best I can! Feel free to include a lil text blurb about why you chose the album as well (though this is optional)

Discussion in this thread is ENCOURAGED (no no chat bullshit here)

All albums will be posted here, I’ll update the title when I’ve added an album

@Juke
Your only album suggestion has been picked, feel free to pm me up to 4 more choices if anything comes to mind :slight_smile:

This is really quite lovely.

Can imagine it soundtracking a film set in Paris on a bleak rainy but really quite romantic night.

Great choice @Gert

Completely timeless.

Offffft this album is really good. Deffo keeping this in rotation. Really really nice

Love it so much. The instrumentation is so tight and precise, Steely Dan would be proud. The lyrics are poetry, especially songs like The Morning Belongs to the Night and From Cayman Islands With Love.

It’s quite different from the rest of Stina’s discography, far jazzier and moodier. There’s a lot of great stuff on her earlier albums too though.

This was her last album and no one has heard from her since. No Facebook page, website, nothing. If you take the lyrics literally it seems like she’s troubled and didn’t really take to fame… I hope she’s alright.

Loving the Lou Barlow pick, great choice. Not familiar with very much of his work outside Sebadoh but will certainly go have a listen after this. Like that Stina LP as well. Great thread.

Day 9

Counting Crows - Recovering the Satellites

Counting Crows - Recovering The Satellites
Genres: Alt Rock/ Pop Rock/ Roots Rock
Released: 1996
Submitted By: @TAFH33
Counting Crows made a long, loud, sad, emotional, exhausting masterpiece in 1996 and for some reason 95% of people still consider them to be bland coffee-house fake rock. This would be considered a classic by most people if it had been written by a more acceptable artist like Wilco or The National. It’s a strong candidate for the best non-Corgan album of the 90s.

New album every day at about 5pm!
If you would like to suggest an album (can be anything at all) please PM me (max 4 suggestions) I will alternate between users as best I can! Feel free to include a lil text blurb about why you chose the album as well (though this is optional)

Discussion in this thread is ENCOURAGED (no no chat bullshit here)

All albums will be posted here, I’ll update the title when I’ve added an album

Side note @TAFH33 first submission ‘Adore’ by Smashing Pumpkins has been skipped as it’s been taken off of all streaming services

@TAFH33

Whoops

I do/did like RtS, but my heart belongs to August and Everything After.

this is an interesting one, because I really like their first and third albums, but I’ve never listened to this second one. Suppose this is as good a time to start as any.

Why do I know track one so well?

Do you know the album fisherman’s woman by emiliana torrini? I think you’d like that if not

The anti-Corgan conspiracy continues.

It’s definitely worth giving a real shot, I think it’s just as good as, if not better than, August and Everything After. Both are in my top ten.