First time ive listened to this record for over 5 years

Day 16:

Austin Peralta - Endless Planets

Austin Peralta - Endless Planets
Genres: Post-Bop / Jazz
Released: 2011
Submitted By:: @Pale-eyedBadger

FAO Everyone:
If you want to participate please feel free to PM up to 4 albums to me and I’ll add you to the queue :slight_smile:

Uhhh how have I not heard ‘Mush’ before, this album is exactly the kind of punk I go for. Stunner

About halfway through the Austin Peralta, enjoying it. Thought “I don’t know anything about this guy, I’ll just do a quick google” … cripes.

22! :cry:

Good choice here. Son of Stacey Peralta eh, that’s pretty neat. Gone way too early.

For starters, kid can definitely tickle the ivory. I like how he will step back and let his band do some heavy lifting with the sax solos and percussive drumming. However, I found myself wanting to hear more of the piano at the forefront like the start of 'Underwater Mountain Odyssey".

Still a fine album though, even the purist of jazz fans would have to respect.

Sorry guys, forgot to update this yesterday!

Will resume as normal this evening

Day 17:

The Screaming Blue Messiahs - Gun-Shy

Screaming Blue Messiahs - Gun Shy
Genre: Alt Rock / Indie Rock / Punk
Released: 1986
Submitted By: @Gorkys_Forever
I’d like to suggest “Gun Shy” by the Screaming Blue Messiahs.
I believe the album is so powerful it speaks for itself, but if you insist on a blurb Id just say “Britain’s best ever three piece” (according to Gorky’s)

Feel free to submit up to 4 additional album @Gorkys_Forever to keep this spot in the queue next rotation!

Everyone else, if you would like to join in PM me up to 4 albums (blurb optional) which you’d like your fellow disers to listen to

Day 18:

Swirlies - They Spent Their Wild Youthful Days in the Glittering World of the Salons

Swirlies - They Spent Their Wild Youthful Days in the Glittering World of the Salons
Genre: Noise Pop / Indie Rock / Shoegaze
Released: 1995
Submitted By: @funkycow
ne of only a handful of US bands that took on shoegaze in its first wave, Swirlies started strongly with Blondertongueaudiobaton (heavily indebted to Loveless era MBV and Sonic Youth) before producing this masterpiece of the mid 90s. IMO this is one of the only albums to truly push forward shoegaze, with big changes in pace, volume and texture throughout. Nothing sounded like it before and nothing has sounded like it since. Various members of the Swirlies are still recording as You’re Jovian, Gold Muse and others.

Any fans of shoegaze / noise pop who havent ywt heard the Swirlies are in for a treat

Oh man, I love this album. I haven’t listened to it in years though - I’m going to correct that now. From memory, this is an absolute monster of a tune:

Also my highlight

Oh man

If I only ever spread the word for one album, it would be this one. As fans of San Cristobal and as rolling ambient etc regulars I assume you’ve heard this version:

Obv I’m already a big fan of Seafood hence my posts above and yeah completely agree David Line has a fantastic voice and I don’t think I’ve even seen anyone mention that before.

If you like the more alt country side of them check out their following album As the Cry Flows it’s also great, and also not straight up alt-country, it opens with an atmospheric post-rock style track for example.

Day 19:

Emmylou Harris - Wrecking Ball

Emmylou Harris - Wrecking Ball
Genre: Alt Country
Released: 1995
Submitted By: @maggieloveshopey
Country royalty makes an album with Daniel Lanois, produces masterpiece of shimmering echoing spooky late night ambience.

I don’t really understand how I’ve got to 2019 having not heard anything by this band. I would have really liked it in 1995/6 as well, I still like it now but I think my late 20s self would have been gobsmacked!

Day 20:

Neil Young - American Stars 'n Bars

Neil Young - American Stars 'n Bars
Genre: Country / Folk Rock
Released: 1977
Submitted By: @NeilYoung
awesomeness

Listening to Swirlies now, only ever heard Blonder Tounge, and despite really enjoying it, never checked out their other releases. Really not sure why, as I like the soundssssssss man

Deffo heard Sunn before doe
CHOON

Emmylou harris>neil oh yeah, ironically emmylou has backing vocals on ‘star of bethelem’ on this record. Linda ronstadt and nicolette larson all over this record as well. One of my favs.