DiS Album of the Day Thread Day 30: Key Losers - California Lite

Right for the rest of the day until the next album i hearby declare Lena Raine Celeste OST the actual album of the day (until 5pm)

Not a fan of this one, to plinky plonky.

*I have a ear infection at the moment which maybe a factor.

Deffo imagine some of this being a bit much for your sick lil ears. Get well soon bud!

Day 3:

Zazou / Bikaye / CY1 - Noir et blanc

Zazou Bikaye - Noir Et Blanc
Genre: Minimal Synth, Afro Electro, Tradi-Modern, Central-African
Release: 1983
Submitted By: @Gert
Way ahead of its time afro electro from 1983

New album every day at about 5pm!
If you would like to suggest an album (can be anything at all) please PM me (max 4 suggestions) I will alternate between users as best I can! Feel free to include a lil text blurb about why you chose the album as well (though this is optional)

Discussion in this thread is ENCOURAGED (no no chat bullshit here)

All albums will be posted here, I’ll update the title when I’ve added an album

Oooooo this is rad, don’t think I’ve really heard anything quite like this before. (3 tracks in)

been meaning to give this a proper listen for years

loosely in the same universe of Bush of Ghosts/Remain in Light from what I remember. also DAF/Pyrolator.

This album is incredibly moreish, have listened to it 4 times already!

Day 4:

Lou Barlow - Emoh

Lou Barlow - Emoh
Genre: Indie Folk/ Singer-Songwriter
Release: 2005
Submitted By:@ShinyMcShine
What about Emoh by Lou Barlow? I’d wager it might be a while since people have dipped into it and it’ll be new to some folk (maybe) and it’s just a blissed out slice of greatness. Reckon fans of Kurt Vile etc would lap it up, if they haven’t already.

New album every day at about 5pm!
If you would like to suggest an album (can be anything at all) please PM me (max 4 suggestions) I will alternate between users as best I can! Feel free to include a lil text blurb about why you chose the album as well (though this is optional)

Discussion in this thread is ENCOURAGED (no no chat bullshit here)

All albums will be posted here, I’ll update the title when I’ve added an album

Reminder for those who are dipping in an out and don’t want to go through entire albums to see something that might appeal to them here is the playlist with one song chosen from each album

‘Home’ is one of my favourite ever tunes. odd that I’ve never really listened to the whole album.

Now is your chance!

@shinymcshine
Your only choice has been selected, feel free to add up to another 4 by pming me if you’d like :slight_smile:

Odd thing about this album is that I kind of feels like it gets off to a slow-ish start but then you end up listening to the whole thing and when it finishes you want to start it all over again. Love it, love it, love it.

I’ve never heard this album before but always been meaning to, got it spinning now.

So you’re a convert now then?

I really liked it, Mary is fantastic

Hurrah, and monkey begun

Yes! And Monkey Begun, loved the playful stabs of whatever that high pitched instrument was :smiley: (memory is shot, I’m very tired for 7pm lol)

Such a great album. Think it’s really important in his discography too as he’s made loads of albums with gems and nonsense, this is his first and probably only, solo lp that’s gold all the way through.

I listened to machina again for @ttf so the least he can do is dip his oar in here :slight_smile: