DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Gonna run to the beer shop tomorrow. Gonna a loaf of big Belgian quads @anon50098204 would approve of

1 Like

Ooo. Pics pls

This was nice. Amundsen Rebel King. Shocking can though. And still don’t really see the point of those wide mouth cans.

IMG_3535

1 Like

Where in oz you going?

Bloody hate these cans. Why?! Whyyyyyy?!

all over (well, not quite all):

Stomping Ground in Melbourne, think it was in Collingwood had a big old space at their tap which was good. They also had a pop up outside bar at the airport, which was good when I accidentally turned up about 5 hours early for my flight. Theres also a coopers bar at the airport which has coopers stuff I’ve not seen in the uk.

I didn’t actually do much beer wankery in Melbourne but most places have a good selection tbh.

Nomad stuff in Sydney (as featured on my glass in some shots in this thread) are good.

4 pines in Manly, literally, across the road when you get of the ferry. Really liked Manly in general tbh (saw a wild turkey).

Beer DeLuxe in Barangaroo had a large selection. The barman in there was telling me about some tour that took in a few brewerys which sounded good but it was my last day and I guess that’s not kid friendly. (This is near a ferry port)

Theres a place called the Shakespeare hotel which had some nice more traditional ales. (probably feels a bit brexit now)

Probably a few I’m forgetting tbh.

There was one that I didn’t like but I can’t quiet remember the name think it had Red in it.

1 Like

It’s not like it makes it easier to drink from as they still have a sharp edge. Plus it was £6 so not necking it out of a can anyway. Better for pouring? I dunno. But they’re stupid.

I’m not even convinced they pour better as you get much less control over the flow than a normal can.
Shit cans for twats.

Quite like Amundsen’s beers though.

BEER of the YEAR 2018?
Shall we?

I’m not on Untappdbook but I remember this one really well with my actual brain
SIREN Suspended in Space
Image result for siren suspended in space
6.5% so not too bonkers
Only had it as a bottle unfortch. I’ll try and get a go on the draught if they make it again next year.

Also, I must have had it before but I started to really appreciate Brixton Brewery’s Electric IPA a lot this year. Another 6.5 %er - maybe that’s my thing. There’s a shop down the road which always has it on offer, so that works.

Yeah. You?

2 Likes

The 13.5% cloudwater chocolate thing, no idea what it was called because their stuff is always named so badly. But that

Mine was Yellow Belly Sundae. Only beer I gave a 5 to on untappd this year.

Got another bottle in the cupboard for Christmas…

Picked this up from Tesco earlier:

£12 - pretty decent value!

1 Like

They don’t appear to have included their cucumber abomination. Result!

Yeah, that one’s pretty shite TBF.

Like @McGarnagle Yellow Belly Sundae was the first (and only) 5* I gave on on Untappd.

Is that a new 2018 beer?

If not my best rated ones from this year were LDS MCR NCL (North, Track, Wylam) and Birthday Balloon (Cloudwater), DIPA V3 2018 (Cloudwater), Original Double Vanilla Ice Cream IIPA (Omnipollo, Buxton) and Patrons Project 10.04 Lemon, Lime and Coffee Berliner Weisse (Northern Monk, North Star Coffee)

3 Likes

Northern monk - infinity vortex I reckon, after 2 and a bit years of juicy IPAs, to produce a “WOW!” one is some going

1 Like

Yeah, this is mine. Totally brilliant beer.

1 Like

FAO @anon50098204

Verdant - Even Sharks Need Water (6.5%)
Vibrant Forest - Deluge mosaic DIPA (8%)
Straffe Hendrik - Quadrupel (11%)
Schneider Weisse - Mein Aventinus TAP 6 (8.2%)
Rochefort 10 (11.3%)
St Bernardus 12 (10%)
La Trappe - Quadrupel (10%)
Verdant - Photon Trails Simcoe and HBC431 (5.2%)
(Not pictured 4 x Vocation Life and Death)

@xylo bring it

Will make a large dent into these tonight

@friendofthenight this Vibrant Forest can is a beaut

4 Likes

No, but I think any beer can be your beer of the year, regardless.

Aside from Infinity Vortex, I gave 5* to Burning Sky/3 Floyds - Out From The Void (Smashed my teku so only had about a ⅓ of a bottle :frowning:) and Magic Rock - Unhuman Cannonball.

Gave 4.75* to Magic Rock - Neo Human Cannonball, Burning Sky - Coolship 1 and Saison Anniversaire and Northern Monk - Celestial Motion

Good year for beer.

3 Likes