DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH

Beers

My girlfriend said she wasn’t sure what I get up to in my office. I reassured her that I wasn’t having an online affair, just swapping pictures of cans of beer with men.

7 Likes

I actually balked at buying this yesterday. Was something like £9 a can… if I had someone to split it with I would have gone for it, but I had it last year and wasn’t super in love with it, so I passed. Will probably regret it now.

1 Like

Oaft, in Good Spirits in Glasgow it was like 7 or something (bought it with some others). Noticed a big difference between there and Brewdog’s bottle shop on the Cloudwater V13, £5.70 vs £7ish, amazing that two places in the same city can have such a disparity.

1 Like

Yeah, this was in Hop Burns & Black, which is always the most expensive of any bottle shops I go to regularly. I can’t hold it against them though, apparently the new business rates rise means they have to come up with another £25k a year. They’ve started adding corkage to drinking in as well.

Anything you’d recommend? Was planning to go for the foreign stuff first, then south to north, but doubt it will go to plan.

Yeah same, in generally going to good spirits now because they’re consistently cheaper (and it’s a nice shop)

Plus they’re awesome at keeping things for you if you message them on Facebook, I got them to keep me an unhuman cannonball and a dipa v13 this week.

1 Like

Aye when went in yesterday there were hunners being kept back, initially I thought I was too late :joy:

The alchemist cans. They’re expensive but it’s the first time it’s been sold over here. The o/o and other half stuff I had was great as was the warpigs

Got my long weekend all planned.

5 Likes

Picked up these from the new Block & Bottle beer shop in Gateshead

North Brew Co’s some of the best designs around imo

1 Like

Had piñata the other night, was lovely. Chew Chew (and fallen generally) is great too

All good but the v13 kicked everything else into touch

4 Likes

Currently have a Beavertown Bloody 'Ell on the go.

Worringly, it reminds me most of a Berrocca.

1 Like

Never enjoyed Bloody 'Ell, was sort of amazed at the fanfare they made about it coming back, assumed they’d just binned it off!

1 Like

Warpigs had gone :cry:

shame. It looked like baileys

There are some warpigs stuff at valhallas now