DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Moved to the Old George now, no commentary but much better ale selection and absurdly cheap for what seems like a pretty nice pub, bearing in mind I paid 50p more for an Old Speckled Hen in the Akenside.

Drinking this currently, lovely stuff - absolute steal at £3.30 a pint (cask):

1 Like

Thanks for that, I think we’re meeting at the Prince Albert for food, but as I’m got the day off I might go down early and pop in.

Had the beavertown one last really didn’t enjoy it, too sour for me. Mojito was nice but was a bit weird as really did taste like a mojito.

Would also recommend the Brighton Bierhaus (Brighton Bier’s taproom basically) and The Pond if you fancy them.

1 Like

Been drinking some pretty nice Interboro beers tonight, very pleasant, but wondering if I’m getting a bit blase about good hazy / juicy IPAs.

Quite a beery weekend for me. Generic lagers on Friday for a leaving do. Popped out Saturday afternoon while the lad was napping for a haircut then went home via The Traf who had Buxton Axe Edge on, so had a quick half of that that and a half of Paulaner Hells. Had a babysitter sorted for the evening, so had a can of that Cloudwater DIPL before we headed out for dinner. Dinner and wine on top of that wasn’t a wise move and I felt grotty all day yesterday. A week off it is in order I think…

So I’m in the Free Trade Inn and they’ve got the whole Rainbow Project on. Just had a half of the Mojito which was lovely. Now on the Siren dry hopped lager which is also great and basically tastes nothing like lager. Was gonna move around to a few places but sitting here, reading Meet Me In The Bathroom, Lykke Li on the jukebox… gonna be hard to move on I think.

2 Likes

How have I not had this yet?!

wish I was in the free trade

you’re next to the window? post your view.

1 Like

What a lamppost

So annoyed my girlfriend had to move to Middlesbrough. This is definitely top 5 pubs ever. (Did find some nice pubs in Middlesbrough this weekend in fairness)

2 Likes

that’s not quite what I was hoping for.

still jealous.

2 Likes

Which pubs? My mums originally from Middlesbrough, I go up every 2 or 3 years to visit family. I don’t remember any decent pubs.

My cousin who likes his beer lives in Newcastle, I should go and visit him at some point.

It’s excellent, had that and Verdant’s Further on consecutive nights, both were excellent but Further just pipped it for me

1 Like

you can see my flat from there :wave:

2 Likes

There’s 2 roads - Baker Street and the one parallel to it - near the town centre that have a few little micropubs - the Sherlock (obvs), the Twisted Lip (another Holmes reference), and another I don’t remember the name of opposite the Sherlock. All tiny and had good local ales and some craft beers (Magic Rock etc). On the parallel road there’s a really nice place owned by the same people as the Sherlock that had local ales and Mad Hatter & Wylam keg beers (inc. the new Wylam sour). All pints I had were around the £3.50 mark or less. Some nice looking food places on those roads too. Will be checking them out a bit more in the next few months.

I’m in the Bridge Tavern in Newcastle drinking a half of chocolate brown ale brewed on site. Again, dunno how I’ve never been here before, it’s insanely nice. Gonna sneak in a half of Wylam table beer before I leave for the train.

I’ll definitely give it a check out next time up there. Though I only seem to be there for funerals so not the best time.

My long time retirement plan is to sell up leave London and move to somewhere like Ingelby Berwick and live like a king.

1 Like

I went out to Saltburn this weekend, pretty great out there and every house seems to be ginormous.

Been given a bottle of this. It’s sat in my fridge here at work. Should I just crack it open?

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/weird-beard-black-perle/208666/

Yeah, it’s pretty good

1 Like

I’VE GOT THE DRINKS IN, LET’S GET ME SMASHED!

I’ll have it after lunch!

1 Like