DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

FAO JUICY IPA fans

Big Poppa - Electric Bear’s 7.0% IPA is amazing imo

They put lots of oats and wheat in it, gives it a crazy thick texture. Citrusy and loads of orange+grapefruit.

I had the North/Verdant Citra collab earlier and wasn’t really that impressed :confused:

Fucking hell OF COURSE the craft beer managing director looks like that.

Wankers… best craft places in east London please (that aren’t Mother Kelly’s in Bethnal Green)

Cheers!

Actually also just anywhere in London that’s not a billion miles from east and isn’t a Craft Beer Co. or the Stormbird.

…cheers!

Clapton craft?

1 Like

Crate Brewery taproom
The Cock Tavern
Howling Hops
Sebright arms
Redchurch brewery
The birdcage

2 Likes

The Kings Arms in Bethnal Green

2 Likes

Sebright is a Vice shithole that serves Bud Light now :weary:

1 Like

Oh shiiiit, nooooo

to be fair, it was always on the cusp of being terrible

It was my favourite pub for a lonng time - was probably the first ‘craft beer’ place I ever discovered really. Those days are long gone though sadly.

1 Like

Quite into this London pub guide. The website looks reassuringly shit, which I think is important.

This is pretty good, maintained by Will Hawkes who knows his shit:

http://craftbeerlondon.com

This book is also good, although it always runs the risk of being quickly outdated:

(Ignore the CAMRA bit, it includes non-cask focused pubs / breweries as well).

That Rize Up is outstanding.

1 Like

Update: Friends, the Mormora sour is now my current favourite drop…cant get enough of it

Got a can of it today, really looking forward to it. Got a bottle of Wild Beer Jambo! too, the shop had sold 11 of their 12 bottles within an hour of getting it in!

Lidl stock Fallen stuff now, up here

1 Like

Nice

didn’t get my shit together for indymanbeercon but as some “fringe” thing magic rock, burning sky and weird beard are taking over some bars in town so probably go to them tomorrow

Burning Sky is at port street right? I’d get to that