DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

They usually just sit on the shelves of Waitrose around December time, not hard to find.

2 Likes

Haha. Just ordered three, and you can do click and collect at a pub! So obvious, yet so clever.

Getting them from the Mitre this week.

1 Like

Looks interesting. Just backed it…

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jamesdavidson/cana-magazine?ref=6rb0em

As someone who writes about beer, I should really be better at reading more about it, but I just never have the time these days (don’t really write much right now either). I hope these things do well in a general sense though.

Yes. I buy these things with good intentions, but this’ll get flipped through once then filed away next to those Pitchfork Reviews that I never read either.

Yes it was an amazing place and totally unexpected to find in Bromley. We had one, went and did what we had planned and then came back for more.

How longs it been there? I used to frequent Bromley a lot but not for a good few years.

The staff were lovely and warned of the price of the DIPAs which were perfectly reasonable.

It was really quiet on Sunday, there was a table with some couples and babies. Wasn’t you was it?

I could easily imagine myself spending more time in there on a Sunday afternoon with the papers or a book.

It’s my birthday and it’s a great great day

3 Likes

WHATS THAT ONE IN THE MIDDLE? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

(o ly kidding, HB1!)

2 Likes

Happy birthday! Hope the coming year is the best (drinking) year of your life!

1 Like

Really craving a delicious Newky Brown now.

4 Likes

same

2 Likes

Happy Birthday, enjoy all that sweet, sweet beer.

Yeah it does feel like it’s ‘too good’ for a town of that size! Been open about a year now. I think we were in last Sat rather than Sun, but yeah there’s often people with babies in there, good relaxed atmosphere, especially during the day. They don’t serve food but are happy for you to bring your own so we often grab a ‘picnic’ and head there on a Sat or Sun afternoon.
One day I want to get together with some friends and do a big bottle share, there’s some amazing stuff in the fridges!

1 Like

Heard people talking about how good Hoptimism is, might be worth a look.

1 Like

just picked up some stuff i’ve been looking for on there, thanks for the tip - postage was steep but worth it as i’m saving a lot of money at the moment being basically bed-bound ha

looking forward to finally trying the Beaverillium, even if it won’t be ‘fresh’!

It’s really good, would be very happy to get my hands on more of that.

this hoptimism website is the only place i’ve been able to find it so far

i have bought so many fucking Patrons Project IPAs… really really excited ha

3 Likes

Yes the can selection seemed huge as well. I was like an excited kid in a sweet shop, I’ll definitely be going back.

Got a few things from American Solera today

only tasted the Bright Black Delight - a ‘sour ale aged in oak tanks with blackberries’ (5.6ABV) and its very tart, very good drinking.