DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Thursday night and Saturday night, so should cover quite a lot.

I’m probably the go-to beer guy on here. Know absolutely everything about beer i do. You can touch me if you like.

Polish lager of choice?

Tyskie, Zywiec or Zubr are obviously the only three options.

Is Red Stripe in the “bog standard” lagers?

Strictly a Lidl Pelenbacher lager drinker at home these days.

What are your thoughts on the proliferation of multi-year contracts for smaller breweries with hop dealers when it comes to proprietary varietals?

Where is Red Stripe from Nikkerla?

fucking hell

I read @profk’s post as “posh”

1 Like

I wouldn’t say so. I don’t think its as widespread outside of London, and is still the beverage of choice for first year art students.

even then it still doesn’t work does it

christ almighty

anyway. lech is fine as well.

Lech tastes like utter shite to me for some reason.

Morrisons had a beer promotion of ales they don’t normally do. They had s seperate display. Made a nice change, I got these.

1 Like

Any other homebrew wankers around? I just started drinking my fourth brew, a chocolate stout infused with orange peel. Tasty but not all the bottles carbonated properly.

I’m literally wearing that t shirt now.

1 Like

Perpetually frustrated home brewer… haven’t done one since I moved. Also meant to be a member of Ubrew, but we haven’t got round to doing it yet…

What is your ‘go-to’ beer of choice? Like a base beer. Something readily available, inexpensive, consistent. Just stick them in the fridge with the fancy ones.

for me it’s basically Brooklyn Lager or Punk IPA, which are available pretty much everywhere these days (all major supermarkets at least)

I know that these probably qualify as ‘fancy’. otherwise I’d just buy some ‘expensive’ lager like Peroni or something I guess, but would always rather not.

660ml bottles of punk ipa. Or any of the 4 for £6 like Laguinitas

Magic rock cans

Probably either Punk IPA (Brewdog) or Neck Oil/Gamma Ray (Beavertown) - at least one of those is usually available most places in London. My local Oddbins stocks loads of good stuff (Pressure Drop, Siren, Weird Beard, Beavertown, Brixton, etc.), so able to get a good variety pretty much regardless. Also find myself drinking Camden Town or Meantime Pale Ales more than I’d really like if there’s nothing better on in a pub.

I’ll be answering questions about beer between 8pm and 9pm, lads, if you’ve got any questions about beer you want an expert to answer.