DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

No, it was years ago I had it, wish they’d bring it back.

1 Like

2014 according to my untappd

And this was amazing

It really was, I’d had it in a bottle but it was even better on draft!

Yeah, I had a bottle back in May I think. Was amazing. The De Dolle Oerbier reserve 2015 was similar, but not as complex

there’s no way I could realistically do a proper list by beer but in general my 2017 was:

best new brewery: Verdant
best returning brewery: Cloudwater
best brewery that is finally getting some recognition: Wylam
best brewery collab project: Northern Monk Patrons Project
best new readily-available beer: Lupuloid IPA
best returning beer: Omnipollo/Buxton Lemon Meringue Pie, always, forever
best tap room: Wylam still - shout out North in Leeds too
best pub: Stormbird still, but shout out Free Trade Inn in Byker
most annoyingly good type of beer that I used to say was ‘too strong’ and now I drink all the time: DIPA
beer most sessioned in pubs watching football: Gypsy Hill Hepcat (weirdly hit and miss brewery, some of their other beers are fucking awful)
worst beer: dunno probably some Thornbridge or something awful

1 Like

The hell is that?

In Glasgow

Snap

Shut up m8

No u

1 Like

Cool

1 Like

I know right so cool

1 Like

The coolest

1 Like

Just looked it up, new place in south side eh? Makes total sense to be fair, is it owned by a brewer or indie do you know? Looks real nice!

Yeah it’s in the southside, near Queens Park station. It’s owned by New Wave, distributors who also own a few other places like the Salt Horse in Edinburgh.

It’s pretty amazing, 14 keg lines & two cask, have a look at their taplist on @KoelschipDraft on twitter, they get some pretty fantastic stuff in. Oddly they only do 1/3 and 2/3 measures, and don’t accept cash (card only) but it’s seeming to be pretty successful. It also has the bonus of only being a few minutes walk from my flat, lets me bring my dogs, and lets you bring in takeaway from Ranjit’s Kitchen across the road, so it’s pretty much my perfect bar.

2 Likes

OH really?! New Wave used to be the affiliated distributors for Hippo, I wonder if there’s ex-Hippoers there…

That does sound pretty magic though, will need to go next time I’m up, going to a wedding at Queen’s Park bowling club next summer so will duck out at some point :wink:

Yeah I think Dom the manager might have been ex hippo (not sure whether taproom or shop)

1 Like

yep, Dom was the manager of the taproom when it went down, previously at BrewDog. That’s cool, glad someone got out of there alive ha