DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

I had I in bottle a couple of years ago. Is a banging beer

That sounds great. I love Hophead.

It was lovely

I’m saving the Bourbon version for a special occasion - not sure what, but it’s not a work night drink.

I was going to get this from the beer shop in Oxted but I didn’t get chance.

I did have an excellent IPA from Lost+Found called C-The Man Go.

a classic

1 Like

So just had a ⅓ of the Noa. Still amazing.

1 Like

The Northern Monk Mocha Porter is good.

Monk’s porters are really impressive. I had the Neapolitan on the way up to Liverpool-Man City last weekend and it set me up perfectly for the day (sent me to sleep for the journey after getting in from work at 4am).

1 Like

Dear BWs,

Are supermarkets the best place to buy a selection of real ale (less craft, more CAMRA)?

I would like to put together a mixed selection of twelve dark and porter-style beers.

Where would you shop?

You could find a few examples in a bigger supermarket (Old Peculier, a Guinness variant like the West Indies Porter, McEwans Champion… er Hobgoblin?). Don’t know if you’d get 12 though. But likewise, I can’t imagine bottle shops carrying a dozen “traditional” brewery beers, let alone 12 stouts / porters. What are you aiming for? Bottled real ale never really captures what’s good about real anyway…

Alesbymail.co.uk maybe

I agree with that.

It’s a thank you gift for someone and I know it’ll hit the spot. Maybe I am reaching for something that does not exist.

BUT

@rich-t that’s a sound recommendation and I will more than likely order from them. Thank you

Putting up my aching feet and ankle after a long(ish) walk with this :ok_hand:.

3 Likes

Had my tin of that last night. Very nice.

I reckon you could get a good selection if you tried large branches of the big supermarkets. Morrisons always used to be good for more traditional stuff when I lived near one. Between there and Sainsburys you could find Marstons (they do a nice Oyster one I used to buy), Fullers (London Porter and Black Cab), Youngs (that chocolate one), Glamorgan… Might be fun seeing what you could source from the ‘big’ guys.

2 Likes

looking forward to giving this a go

https://northern-monk-brew-co.myshopify.com/collections/beer/products/glory

Could include some of the m&s range, lot of their own stuff is brewed by the more traditional brewers.

1 Like

Midweek / had a good review treat

3 Likes

Booths are really good if you’re in the North, and as @Unlucky said M&S have quite a few from the likes of Meantime / Adnams, the Adnams Flat White Porter being good, though they’ve seemed to have stopped the 4 for 3 offer that they had for ages. :neutral_face: