DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Where did you end up? Elephant and Castle always been a bit lacking in pubs imo. Was curious about that German Kraft Beer Brewery, but it looks pretty dire.

Royal Oak is great. As is The Miller which is a few streets away.

@keith Craft Beer Discovery - Glasgow Southside Tickets, Fri 2 Mar 2018 at 10:00 | Eventbrite

This in your neck of the woods/fancy it?

1 Like

Let me check my diary - I don’t love most of those breweries but I do like a beer festival.

Which ones don’t you like?

It’s not so much don’t like as not really fussed about:

***WEST - some good, some great
| THISTLY CROSS CIDER - meh
UP FRONT dunno
JAW BREW think I had one and wasn’t bothered
TRYST dunno
LOCH LOMOND I think I like them TOP OUT dunno
EYEBALL don’t think I liked the one I had
RIDE BREWING I follow them on Beerbook because I think they are nearby but never tasted.
MERCHANT CITY BREWING - liked the IPA

I think Up Front, Jaw brew and top out are pretty good. I guess they’ll have added a few, can always piss off to koelship if it’s totally cack.

Anyone heading to the Beavertown tap room tomorrow for 6 Degrees of Beaveration? Oh my, that tap list…

Never made it to the tap room before so properly looking forward to this.

That does look really good.

I’m planning to go to Hackney Wick tomorrow and check out @blind_pilot’s new gaff. Will you be there BP?

Up front are excellent, they’re one of the drygate gypsies.
TOP OUT are really strong too
TRYST are good for kinda silly seasonal beers, like they make a chrismas pudding beer for instance which is actually alright

Between you and @Severed799, I think I’m keen.

Let me check with Wor Lass and let you know later.

1 Like

I actually went to that Spit & Sawdust place in the end just because my friend wanted to get food there. It was pretty good tbh - very nice, quiet, friendly staff - good selection of beers (Fourpure, Cloudwater x BBNo collab, Arbor, Howling Hops). would reccommend, even if it is about a 10min walk from E&C/Borough. haven’t been to the Miller in a while but used to love it there - even had a birthday there once and got royally hammered.

1 Like

I only saw this after it had already sold out - absolutely gutted. Tap room is pretty great, helps that it looks like the weather will be pretty decent tomorrow so you can stand outside as well.

1 Like

I will. Opening it up tomorrow: I actually have tickets for Wild Beasts in the evening but I think the chances of me making that are diminishing by the minute. Come say hi if you’re about!

the miller is the one down that lane in Camberwell but is actually quite big, right?

nah the miller’s behind the hospital at london bridge - owned by the same people who used to own the Sebright (when it was good)

ahhh ok I think I remember some chat about them before, but don’t believe i’ve been!

seems I was thinking of The Grove/Grand Union ha

ah you know what I used to cycle past The Miller on my commute, but never went in, because it perhaps applies to that “pubs that look unwelcoming” thread

ha that place is fucking awful, although in fairness i haven’t been there since it rebranded.

1 Like

it’s a chain as well isn’t it?

Grand Union is yeah. like an RSVP/Yates’s level of awfulness. just checked their new website and it just looks like a generic gastropub now - can’t see any reason anyone would go there rather than any of the other Camberwell pubs.

1 Like