DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

It was nice, but the can I had wasn’t cheap.

£6.60 at Ghost Whale apparently :see_no_evil:

Think I got this, magic rock hedonic escalation and arbor large hop collider for £17

I didn’t even check or get a receipt tbh. Working away sends me frivolous

1 Like

I’m sat drinking them dressed only in my boxers and watching American pie 2 in a premier inn

#winning

3 Likes

Bit of a shameless plug, but I’ve put together a beer and cheese night with Wild Beer Co and Neal’s Yard at Beer Merchants Tap, and we’ve still a few tickets left. It’s this Thursday, and some of the stuff Wild are bringing is insane. 3yr old Evolves IPA, gravity poured cask Modus Operandi, vintage aged Yadokai…

Ticket link is here: if you buy one give me a shout and I’ll pour you out something nice and interesting on the night as a DiS perk… Wild Beer Co. - Cheese & Rarities Tasting // Beer Merchants Tap Tickets, Thu 19 Apr 2018 at 18:30 | Eventbrite

Just bought myself a can yesterday - ridiculously good…?

Don’t know
It actually tastes like good homemade lemonade, no alcohol or beer taste at all

I’m pretty sure Hooch costs less per litre :wink:

That looks amazing man. Wish I was in London

The cask modus is worth the price on its own

1 Like

I loved this. Deffo better to drink from the can given the amount of floaters most of them seem to have suspended in them though, was a little off putting when I first poured it.

Pretty damn expensive lemonade then!

I’m glad though, I get pretty irritated by beers that advertise a flavour but then you barely get a hint of it. If I’m paying extra for your mad creation then I better taste it properly.

Having had a sneaky advance taster of it: yep, it’s incredible.

I didn’t want to say that :joy:

Actually it’s got a really nice bitter edge so tastes expensive

Hooch is much nicer than I was expecting tbf!

1 Like

Does the Evolve really taste much different after a while? I had a bottle but I barely kept it for a couple of months before I had it - tempted to try again now though.

Yeah, deffo gets a lot more “barnyard-y”, and obviously very little in the way of hop character. There’s a decent whack of Brett in there, which can do some mad things to beer given a bit of time.

We did a vertical tasting of Orval (fresh, 9 month, 2 year and 3 year) a few weeks ago and it was like drinking 4 completely different beers. Similar story with fresh and aged Evolver.

1 Like

Am I right in thinking the Bree Louise has closed down now?

On Saturday I’m going to Watford v Palace, and as there don’t appear to be any decent pubs in Watford (unless anyone knows differently), I might stop off at Euston before getting the train to Watford Junction. Any other recommendations apart from the Euston Tap?

Parcel Yard in King’s Cross is a good Fuller’s bar.

1 Like

Yeah, it has. Went to the closing ‘do’ actually. Ended up in the Euston Tap though as it was rammed and horrible.

Doric Arch isn’t as nice as the Parcel Yard but also a Fullers place with some decent stuff on and it’s right by/in the station.

Did Watford away a few seasons ago and couldn’t find anywhere either so just had tins on the train.

Summer beers

6 Likes