DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

probably swimming round in money like Scrooge McDuck

They took the money the surely knew what was going to happen

4 Likes

Yeah, they’d be crazy not to at this point. Just refund everyone and take the hit, put out a grovelling press release and think about all the lovely money on the horizon.

1 Like

it was foolish not to have the event before the Heineken announcement.

It’s stupid that other brewers are pulling out now though, despite all the rumours that have been doing the rounds for months. I wonder if they’d have pulled out if it was just rumours when the event came around?

Nah, despite the rumours, they couldn’t make a decision until the news was announced. As me and others have said, if your ethos as a brewer is anti big brewing and independence, then this is the only option to take. Otherwise you are supporting big brewing’s ingress into the independent market.

And they’d have probably stayed in if it wasn’t announced, as Btown would still have been an independent brewer

I think The Veil were the only ones to announce their non participation before the announcement

Beavertown offering refunds

I go to that one and Wandsworth - CW definitely has the better selection. Saw Wild Beer’s lemon one in there the other week!

The beavertown thing is kicking off again because someone on the UK Craft Beer Forum said the staff should have walked out immediately, or something like that.

Anyone a part of that group on Facebook?

Yeah I’m in it (have never posted, just read) and it’s really not as bad as the Beavertown Media person said, sure there’s the odd bit of dickishness, but usually called out as such.

The guy from the forum was clearly out of line but it’s all escalated a bit much.

It’s all gotten a bit embarrassing on the forum though with lots of people being irked by the straight white man comments & nobody is coming off well tbh.

gonna be heading here asap (maybe even pop in after the football tomorrow night)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk2XjGcFpgQ/?taken-by=pressuredropbrw

1 Like

also getting some pelters here^

1 Like

christ people are insufferable aren’t they

2 Likes

pretty much aye, it’s equal parts funny and depressing to read

fucking hell

imagine caring that much about craft shitting beer

jfc

3 Likes

Oh JUICE

1 Like

Wow. Their social media manager is really going for it. Bet her equivalent at Heineken wouldn’t engage with the proles like that.

The ‘white male privilege’ caught me off guard, possibly due to my white male privilege.

1 Like

Yeah Heineken’s social media team would only respond as Heineken and probably would just gloss over the post.

She’s got a point tbf. The guy was basically saying that anyone with integrity would just walk out and find a new job. Which is very easy for a white male in the beer industry. Not so easy for a woman to do the same thing and from what I’ve seen, Beavertown employ a lot of women.

2 Likes

why did i look at that page again. these people are cunts. and probably not worth engaging as they’ve already decided not to buy your beer again - not saying beavertown are wasting their time but they’ll be fine in the long run… but still this has really irked me

1 Like

This man seems very sarky with everything he’s said to anyone there. No wonder she said something to him.

1 Like

you don’t really need to blur his name, it’s there for all to see :wink: