DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Pretty good for £24!

Dry January can do one…
This place had a lot of Imperial stouts/10%-plusses but I’d balk at spending that much, or drinking something that strong, unless I’d got guests. I make an exception for this one, though - http://www.wildbeerco.com/beers/wildebeest/ - as it’s usually in Clapton Craft and you can still do a day’s work after one of these as it’s a 330cl bottle.

it’s awesome, can find stuff you don’t see elsewhere. absolutely no idea where he gets some of it, and seems he’s been doing so for years so it’s likely outside of the usual suspects distribution-wise.

pretty great having him and caps and taps as two relatively local and really decent bottle shop options, though both are thankfully just far away enough that i’m not haemorrhaging money to them.

Beavertown is hosting a festival in Surrey Quays in September - line-up being revealed today, looks awesome already with some of the US brewers. £55 for access + unlimited beer. VERY tempted, although I will have a five-month-old child at the time so don’t know if I’ll be able to make it…

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BEAVEREX17?src=hash

fucking hell, September is so far away, might have been interested if it was this weekend

1 Like

???

Why wouldn’t you be interested in advance?

ha I’m just being facetious, I want loads of nice beer now, not in 9 months

still will probably go

you lot ever been to Bruges Beer Festival?

best bloody place ever: http://www.brugsbierfestival.be/en/bieren-232.html

I honestly wouldn’t know where to start with that lot, would go back to Bruges in a heartbeat though.

it was immense when I went a few years back. they only serve you 150ml glasses so you got to have loads, though, all being pretty strong it didn’t take long to get extremely tipsy.

P_}IUHIPYGPIYG TRILLIUM IS IN THE LINEUP

Same measure at copenhagen beer celebration. Had about 40 beers then went out afterwards.

Was that pissed that i took my passport out of my missuses bag and tried to get to the airport because “i really want to sleep in my own bed”

Weekend haul (probably drink them all tonight tbh) bought

2pts Dark Star Hophead Mosaic
St Bernardus 12 and Tripel
Buxton Quadrupel
Marble Earl Grey IPA
Northern Monk Bombay Dazzler

I need to try that Hophead Mosaic.

Definitely need to pop in my local micro pub tomorrow, they’ve got a fine selection.

Drinking lots of Belgian beer tonight. Finally ticked off my final Trappist brewery, so at least one beer from each Trappist brewery.

Even the American one?

Spent the afternoon at the newly-opened Villages brewery in Deptford. Set up by two brothers, one formerly at Gipsy Hill, one formerly at Fourpure. Pretty good stuff, although they say they’re all first drafts and the recipes will be evolving, the red ale Pontoon was particularly nice.

1 Like

Yessir, and the Italian and Austrian ones

We stock spencer but it’s a bit pricey, any good?

As a beer, it’s lovely, but the fact it’s the only American Trappist inflates the price. Think I paid in the region of £9 for my bottle