DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

I’ve been reading through the list today and there are quite a few I want to try.
Any from this list that any one particularly recommends?

http://www.oxtedbeerfestival.co.uk/beers.htm

currently in the Barley Mow drinking a pint of the Burning Sky/Two Roads NEIPA. did not expect to find this on tap here, what a turn up for the books.

1 Like

Batting practice

1 Like

Top of my list already, a Brighton Bier that I haven’t had.

Definitely the Burning Sky ones. Dark Star revelation is delicious so try that too. Harvey’s Sussex is my go to beer if I see it round here, a great example of what a Best should be.

360 are good, as are Gun. I like Brighton Bier, and if you’ve not had any before they’re worth a try, but they have got nicer / more interesting beers. I’ve not had a bad Pig & Porter but I’m not familiar with the ones they have.

1 Like

Harveys, Burning Sky, Dark Star and to an extent Brighton Bier are my go to beers.

Heard good things about 360 so will try them. I’ve had some good Titsey beers who brew at The Botley Hill Farmhouse near me.

Obviously a big fan of the Bristol Beer Factory too.

1 Like

Barley Mow is one of the best pubs in Bristol. You’re also not too far from LHG and Good Chemestry Brewing tap rooms (if you are there tomorrow). Also there is a good bar called To the moon close by and usually has some Bristol beers in.

1 Like

Tell her keith will babysit

Cheers @keith

1 Like

Seriously though - with enough notice I think we could arrange some kind of baby wrestling gymkhana.

What about a parent’s one?

Fairly long shot but any recommendations for portland or seattle beer places to visit?

1 Like

Loved the Neapolitan. Utobeer had it in stock when we got some Borough Market vouchers through work. Otherwise £18 for a bottle is a bit steep.

1 Like

Liked StormBreaker brewing in Portland when I was there 3 years ago. Did paired halfs with bourbon. Portland is pretty great in general, loads of really cool places. Better out of the centre across the river. Powell’s is also probably the best book shop I have been to if you are a reader.

Wasn’t as impressed with Seattle, but still not hard to find good craft places.

1 Like

If I’m going somewhere new with a lot of options I always go to Ratebeer, they rarely steer you wrong:

1 Like

Ran out of time for halve biskit?

1 Like

Ooft

2 Likes

We’re not all swingers.

Managed to make it out to the IJ Brewery in Amsterdam, definitely worth it! I’d be here all the time if it wasn’t hundreds of miles away from home …

7 Likes

2 Likes