DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

After four paydays of paying off adult things like credit cards, buildings insurance and the rest, I’ve just come back from a few days in York, which had to include a visit to the House of Trembling Madness. Pretty chuffed with this lot.

7 Likes

HAUL!

1 Like

Bloody heavy bringing that lot back to London. On the other hand, it’s a magnificent shop.
Also, that is me done for the month now…

Haha, wha?!

3 Likes

Nevermind

Have long thought it was odd there wasn’t a Mikkeller bar in London.

Wasn’t quite expecting Rick Astley’s involvement though.

1 Like

:smiley: legend

1 Like

turns out being Rick Roll’d wasn’t so bad after all.

that is so 2018

2 Likes

They’ve been working with him for a couple of years weirdly. He made a beer with them.

1 Like

I think it took them so long to get into the uk bar market due to some weird deal they did with brewdog when they distributed their beer for them over here

1 Like

Fucking Brewdog pricks

3 Likes

A key pie? No thanks.

Exclusive gypsy hill at my local oddbins (and I guess others)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmQyDsOBxs7

1 Like

This has been officially announced now

https://confidentials.com/manchester/kosmonaut-closed-as-northern-monk-moves-in

Shouldn’t have said it on here a couple of months ago apparently :joy:

This is prrtty good, Kosmonaut wasn’t up to much and NM is one brewery I always seem to like when it’s on.

Is the future all breweries just having their own bars now?

Hope so

Yeah, might be a bit of a chore if you’re in somewhere and fancy something different? The Cloudwater place for example didn’t have any guest beers.

That’s at the actual brewery though.

I’m sure northern monk will have guests on

1 Like

There will always be a mix I’d imagine, but I think places operated by breweries are great in a city. Somewhere like the Northern Quarter, it’s fine if it’s Northern Monk only as if you fancy a pint of something else you’re spoilt for choice. Really encourages a bit of an explore.