DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

No Beavertown boycott in this house:

2 Likes

How’s your heiny?

1 Like

Not as fizzy as normal Heiny, and certainly more flavoursome. Would recommend.

I had the Beavertown/Mikkeller collab earlier - was lovely.

Did a very hilly bike ride through Kent yesterday, stopping along the way to drink some pretty boring beers. On my ride home from London Bridge station I stopped off in Tooting to get something with a bit of zing. This fit the bill nicely. Nice big can too.

2 Likes

Check this badboy out. Aldi newcy brown ripoff.

5 Likes

That is so blatant, I love it.

4 Likes

Here’s a good looking beer list for a festival. Must makes plans for this. (Brighton-centric)

https://www.burningskybeer.com/5th-birthday-shennanigans/

Saw a fairly blatant rip off of Punk in
Lidl recently but this is way more even than that was.

You know we belong together…

2 Likes

Hej :wave:

4 Likes

This is the newish airport bar FYI, it’s very nice!

Lol and my flight is delayed an hour and a half I’m gonna get druuuuuunk

1 Like

I tried to check the strength of PBR last night, it’s not printed on the tins!! Bar tender told me it’s 4.7%, but who knows.

PBR is almost always the best value watery domestic. You can usually get a tallboy and a shot for $5. There’s also Hamms and Schlitz, both of which have really pleasant artwork/logos and may be slightly nicer. Last time I was in Notts one of the wanky new bars was selling small tins for £5 alongside actual nice beer for the same price - utterly baffling.

3 Likes

One of my favourite US holiday things is sitting at bar and getting ruined on boilermakers.

In early stage planning for our regular BW mates meet up. We’ve done towns and cities all over, but have got stuck doing Manchester, mainly due to all the great places in close proximity.

Anyone done a BW City break in the UK recently? We’re considering Leeds, York or maybe even just staying in London.

Leeds, Buxton, Bristol and Cardiff are my recent ones

Apparently Friends of Ham in Leeds has gone into administration. Was one of the places I went when I was up there, was a great place and really busy, wonder what went wrong.

Which did you enjoy most? Buxton was a consideration, but I think Leeds might work better for a larger group (restaurants, places to stay etc)

Bristol or Leeds I’d say (despite the Friends of Ham news). Or maybe down to Brighton, stopping at Burning Sky and Harveys en route?

1 Like