DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

A little from all of those tbf tbh.

Beer was certainly varied quality, though enough fine stuff. Novelty of drinking pints on a train does wear off pretty quick, especially while you’re just going back and forth (and in the dark so we couldn’t see anything). Crowd was mixed, some old CAMRA duffers, but a lot of lad groups and some extended families and stuff. I think with a bunch of mates it would be fun, when it was just me and Mrs HYG, we felt ready to call it a day pretty quick (getting seats is kind of stressful too).

I wrote about it as it turns out (all observations true at the time of going to press)

1 Like

Bet it stinks of farts after an hour

1 Like

I’m down with this.

1 Like

Will also add The Wolf for #hypebeerz alongside those mentioned

1 Like

Sainos has to be Weihenstephaner for me. Honorable mention to NM New World at Mozzas too

1 Like

This is the go-to Morrison’s beer for me. I would argue it’s the best beer available in any UK supermarket (definitely the best in a 4-pack).

2 Likes

Good review - sounds like it’ll be…OK. Going with a good bunch of lads but won’t expect much from the beer. Red Cat are decent but their night was sold out already, we’re doing the Longdog and Tillingbourne one.

Honestly, I think with a good group it’ll be a great laugh.

1 Like

Longdog are alright. Their Lamplight Porter is decent

Cherry Reds just over the road from Brewdog is decent as well as Tilt. The Wolf always has a really good range of beers, Wellington and Old joint are good for all your cask needs.

1 Like

There’s a place called Kilder that’s really good for beer wankery stuff

1 Like

Beavertown, but Mikkeller too. Nice, tasty, and silky smooth in the mouth.

Thanks for all the suggestions @Jamos @CHAIRMAN_LMAO @hip_young_gunslinger @rich-t @tuna @Huggy_Bear @almal100

I’ll likely be working in Birmingham on odd days here and there for the foreseeable, so may check most of these out…

1 Like

Did you see the announcements saying that it was the Southover / Pub with no Name, up the top of Southover Street?

That is unbelievably good news. Funnily enough, the last time the Southover was a decent pub was when it was run by the bloke who’s now at the Bierhaus.

1 Like

Yeah I did. And Jim from the Beer Dispensary is running the bar

1 Like

If you’ve got time - and it’s open - The Paper Duck is great. Harborne is about 15 minutes away on the bus. You’re Temporarily Blocked
Also, Cotteridge Wines is the Brum legend. It’s the Kris Wines of Birmingham.

1 Like

Already get quite a few of theirs in M&S in Preston

In Belgium with work. Accidentally double parked. This could get fun.

3 Likes

Ah shit.

4 Likes