DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

230 unique / 289 total

Signed up in December last year but I only properly started using it in March. I sometimes right plithy comments but mostly I like taking photos of can / bottle designs.

Hit 100 unique in mid June and 200 in mid August. At that rate of increase I presume by next summer i’ll be drinking 100 new beers a month and presumably also bankrupt and homeless idk

(colderstates if anyone wants to add me)

Rich-t

I need to up my Untapped game. I don’t use it most of the time, and I just checked and I’ve got less than a hundred beers in there. Must try harder - maybe I should retrospectively put in that Northern Monk / Verdant DIPA, because that was delicious.

Installed Untappd about 5 times, and always ended up deleting it a few days later. Just don’t really find it compelling for some reason, which is weird as I like drinking beer and do obsessively catalogue other things like films, books, music listens etc. App is quite ugly, hated the endless stream of badges.

1 Like

Since January 2017:

Total: 1220
Unique: 1024

i try not to think about untappd too much cos i stopped doing it after only checking in like 100 beers and know there are literally hundreds, if not 1000+ that i’ve missed since then. impossible to go back now.

Thought I was doing pretty well with almost 700 and then the 2k crew turned up.
I always leave a rating but never write a review.

I like looking back at my ratings occasionally. My highest rated is from Warpigs. Its only got a 3.6 on average but it came at the perfect point in the day.

Never given a 5.

TBF mate, I’ve been using it since Feb 2014. And I don’t drink anywhere near as much wanker beer as I used to, it’s all about cheap lager now I have a kid.

Oh I was mainly joking. Just looked and I’ve had it for almost bang on 2 years meaning I am just under a beer a day.

I currently drink more wanker beer after moving in with the TV. End up spending the same money I used to spend going out having a quiet night in.

Which is silly cuz they’re all more or less the same and consistently good

1 Like

This is a beautiful distribution, excellent statistics

1 Like

How do you get that ratings thing? Mine doesn’t have it

No idea assumed everyone has it

You mean the bar chart? It’s just on your profile

That’s yours

2 Likes

I’m nothing if not consistent

Ta. Weirdly doesn’t show up that way when I look at my own and other people’s profiles

Might need to update the app?

2 Likes

Planning a weekend trip to Buxton. Obviously the brewery is a must, but anything else recommended? Pubs/ food/ places to stay?

Any of the nearby stops on the line from Manchester worth having a stop in?

Not sure the brewery is worth the schlep. The taphouse is a better bet and they’ve got the cellar bar now. Food in there is decent band it’s normally pretty quiet. Hmmm, food in St Mortiz was nice enough. There’s a nice cocktail bar next door. Don’t redwillow have a taproom there?

We Airbnb’d when we stayed there, so can’t help on that front. It is smaller than you’d think, so an option could be a hike on the peaks or training somewhere slightly bigger

1 Like