DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Go to Starbucks

I liked the ones I’ve had quite a lot, what wasn’t working for you?

1 Like

I had a stunning Loch Lomond stout at the Edinburgh bottle fest last weekend, so I’m well up for their two, the Fierce one and the Innis mango one.

I love a bretted beer, but I don’t think the brut works too well. The one I had was with a “White Grape IPA” with Nelson Sauvin and hallertau blanc hops and grape juice, so maybe not the easiest one to start with. Not sold yet. Need a few more to try.

Amazing, cheers man. Reuben’'s was already on the list, but will check out the other places: I’m here til Saturday.

1 Like

The hit the north one was good, but already kinda bored of seeing it about and reducing my choice of hazy ones.

if you wanna do some quiet day drinking all the places in the industrial estate are open during the week i think - makes a change from London! pretty hard not to get hammered on flights of west coast ipa though ha

James Campbell has left cloudwater :astonished:

And they’re not replacing him as head brewer and carrying on with the same people just without him

Amicable decision or did he leave under a cloud?

Seems very amicable.

If that wasn’t a wolfcastle

1 Like

gonna buy all their remaining stock and chuck it on eBay

thug lyf

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if the quality dropped, at least for a period. Smart decision

Remember the first time I met him we where both volunteering at Indy Man and he was telling me about how he was starting a new little brewery called Cloudwater, me being completely oblivious to him working for Marble etc. Such a nice guy.

Message seems to me like he wants to start something smaller. Would love him to own a little brewpub, sort of similar to what the guy from Mad Hatter has done with Gibberish

1 Like

Any takers

https://shop.ghostwhalelondon.com/products/theghostwhaleluxuryadventcalendar

Might get a whisky one again :tumbler_glass:

it’s funny that that price in one go terrifies me but i will easily spend way more than that in December on beer. maybe I should just do it.

3 Likes

Bristol had a craft beer festival this weekend. £40 to get in, for four hours, unlimited drinks, and a glass to keep.

I don’t really get why you would do that in Bristol, instead of go to the many amazing pubs.

It works out at just under £4 a beer, which seems decent.

Might stick a tenner a week in my sock draw and pick one up in November.

the hop burns & black ones sell out almost instantly when they go on sale… not sure how limited this one is though