DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Currently drinking a Garage Beer Soup - canned less than two weeks ago! Delicious stuff, if anything a little too green, slightly harsh but so much citra in there. Got it from a little deli near me which has great stuff all the time, but because they aren’t know for beer, they always seem to underprice stuff (they told me they struggle to shift anything over a fiver). Their loss is my gain…

1 Like

yeah that’s where i’ve been getting them, i tried that Mango one over the summer, had it in a park in the sun and enjoyed it (i quite like all these fruity beers atm, enjoy a nice citrus IPA for example - also the Guinness/Open Gate one is quite cheap in my off licence so i get it a lot). also tried the India Pale Lager one recently which i’m sure was good but i can’t really remember

a couple of places in town do the Drygate Gladeye IPA on draught too which is pretty good. great bunch of lads i reckon.

2 Likes

Nothing like having a pint of Gladeye at a gig in Glasgow :+1:

Also Disco Forklift is probably my fav mango beer - again for the same reason, that it’s very bold and strong on the mango front.

1 Like

Which shop?

Drygate: not bad for Tennents eh?

6 Likes

The beer in the hotel. It’s actually not really really shit

Oi @Severed799, you working Saturday?

Browns of Brockley. Probably not quite worth a special trip but if you’re ever around Crofton Park it’s definitely worth checking out.

1 Like

Yes

Well it’s not far from where I stay

Yeah, if you’re dropping into Water into Beer / Salthouse, which are both worth a look-in, then it’s not a bad idea to wander down there too.

1 Like

Might head over to your place on Saturday then. But then I may not. Who knows.

1 Like

Yep. Always whack a few of them in our online shop.

Not my Waitrose. So annoying. And my Morrisons has stopped stocking that Bad Co NEIPA.

Where’s good to drink in Oxford these days? Pint Shop still? Where’s good for cask stuff?

You can get a double one which is stronger/nicer.

I haven’t been in a few years, but The Library and Chester Arms were pretty good when I was last there. Cowley Road sort of area. Far From The Madding Crowd was brilliant for cask, but looks like it’s closed now.

I’m also a sucker for places like The Turf Tavern even though the beer selection isn’t all that amazing.

Magdalen Arms was great for dinner.

Let us know how you get on. I’m due a trip there soon.

Joint venture with Williams Bros though and Scott Williams was in charge of brewing at the start, I think.

Fix.

2 Likes

Not doing a proper sesh, we’re in Woodstock on Sunday for a 10km race, but will have a few hours on Saturday in town. Been to Oxford quite a few times but never remember which places are tourist traps and which actually do decent beer.