DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Thanks. I’d had high wire before but never cannonball. Pretty sure it was the wrong one but bar staff weren’t overly helpful.

Bought four of these last night from Tesco, doing 2 x ‘craft’ 4-packs for £9. Probably going to be bad aren’t they.

They’re not bad, just a totally different beer to the casknor bottle versions imo

My girlfriend actually suggested last night heading to Maltby Street before Christmas to pick up some Gin. Didn’t even mention there is a new beer place.

We did it last year on the Saturday before Christmas and it was great. Hardly anyone there, managed to get into the restaurant down there that is normally rammed and people were giving out a load of freebies including some milk jugs of beer.

Also did the Saturday before Easter before and that was pretty quiet as well.

Yep there’s a Bottle Shop there and it’s pretty good.

All of the micro pubs (and the bottle shop) are within a 5 minute walk of each other.

The Bottle Shop has one entrance on the seafront and then another entrance on the high street. If you come out on the high street turn right and walk 2 minutes up the hill you will come to The Fez, which is probably my favourite micropub in Margate. If you then walk back down the hill and go right at the bottom you will come to The Lifeboat which used to be a great micropub but is now a pricey Brewdog in all but name (it’s not just a Brewdog). I think it still has a real fire which is nice on cold days. It’s still worth a visit but expect pricier drinks (micropubs usually charge £3.30-£4 a pint depending on strength). The other good micropub is The Harbour Arms which is, unsurprisingly on the harbour arm. Cross over the main seafront road towards the Turner gallery (good for a visit) next to the seafood hut (amazing if you like seafood) and then walk along the harbour arm. There are a few artists studios too that you can pop in and have a look. Back by the crossing you have The Old Kent Market which has an ever-changing range of stalls inside. The Tale of Two halves is nice too and is just along from The Bottle Shop on the seafront.

There the main ones. There is one in Cliftonville too, and a record shop but not sure if you’ll be heading there.

Thanks for the mention @rich-t

2 Likes

amazing thank you!

1 Like

Apparently I picked a good weekend to be in Edinburgh (dunno why these aren’t previewing)

Hanging Bat birthday thing!

Omnipollo takeover at Salt Horse

2 Likes

I’m definitely hitting up the HB event but fuck didn’t realise Salt Horse had a thing too …

1 Like

What are we thinking, £6 for a third? :sweat_smile:

Look at @safebruv’s post from yesterday for prices

And add 50% on to get the Edinburgh prices.

4 Likes

Salt horse are usually fairly reasonable?

Never let facts get in the way of an opportunity to disparage Edinburgh.

4 Likes

Fair, I’m with you on that one, don’t want anyone forgetting what the Correct Best Scottish City is!

Inverness right?

may not be a city

A hazy Belgian pale named Eddy Murckx

Top naming work Elusive/Pilot

1 Like

This isn’t that nice but the can is good.

It ranks in my top 3 sours.

@Witches

Having a can of Don’t Mess With Manchester from Northern Monk in collaboration with Cloudwater and others. It’s really nice, but with people like that brewing it, it ought to be, eh?

I was only planning on buying one or two cans…

5 Likes

Cheers

3 Likes