DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Get any dipas or hop forward ones drank.
Most other things get better with a bit of age

1 Like

Cans will last better than bottles as there’s no light getting in,

As others have said, the “drink fresh” generally applies to IPAs and other hippy things as the hops fade and leave them a bit malty.

Stouts, porters, sours etc will be absolutely fine for a month

1 Like

Evening.

Can anyone recommend a decent beer wanker place in Camden?

Rarely up that way there aside from gigs, but the The Black Heart usually has some nice stuff on so has become our default meeting place. Right near the station.

2 Likes

IMG_20181129_183638158

Christ that’s an awful photo. Thornbridge Coco Cocoa if you couldn’t tell.

1 Like

Perfect. Thank you. It’s just for a couple before a gig.

Ooh! How is it?

I think that’s in a Thornbridge "Discovery "box I’ve been tempted to pick up in Tesco for ages. If it’s good it’ll probably tip me over into buying it.

Wish my Tesco had those!

Picked up th cocoa wonderland in Waitrose a few weeks ago, was really nice.

1 Like

@guntrip really similar to Cocoa Wonderland, but got a definite porter taste to it. There’s a nice coconut edge that compliments the porter taste

2 Likes

enjoying the juxtaposition with the baby food here.

2 Likes

Welcome to my life. Was drinking this whilst feeding her baby food.

An update

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqw8IhFHe-R/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=z7eg7pwfg1kp

Currently drinking Unbarred New Zealand India Pale Ale - “a big sexy hop bomb” according to the can

1 Like

Bought this from the great @blind_pilot today! Atom Brewery’s Heaven Hill barrel aged Neutron Star. Probably the prettiest bottle ever.

6 Likes

Enjoy mate, and let me know how it is!

I got excited because I got Bison’s email which said about a Northern Monk / Verdant collab. Then I looked it up and saw that it was a sour.

1 Like

Is that beer shop in Sanderstead still worth a visit? Might be down that way tomorrow.

My box has been delivered to my neighbor. Out tonight though so will have to see what I’ve got tomorrow.

I got an email off them yesterday saying my box had been damaged, so they’ve held it back to pack me a new one. I just want my lovely beer.