DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

This might just be me, but I reckon barrel-ageds are really hard to get right. Feels like the sweet spot between can-hardly-taste-it and fuck-me-I-might-as-well-have-ordered-a-whisky is very narrow.
Where are you going in Brighton for the chocolate stouts? Are they bottled or draught?

1 Like

I had the Cloudwater Red Wine BA Imperial Porter the other night and it did basically just taste a bit like someone had poured some port into a porter ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The BF stout is… decent. Has more aroma than taste of the cake but it’s sweet and dark, so I was never going to dislike it.

Bison beer should have bottles, and their pub may have draft

Ah. I might have a trip down on Tuesday before Mercury Rev in London on the night.

Want

https://www.instagram.com/p/BraM6FnlJ9X/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=thj33h6ytqif

18%

Haha fucking hell

2 Likes

Beer wankers meet-up, a centurion with this stuff

11 Likes

I’m making this my mission to find this in Brighton tomorrow

Finally got myself along to the newish London Cloudwater, it’s not very obvious outside but it’s lovely inside and everything is £4 (here are their new DIPAS)

*V1 (left) is the better of the two

2 Likes

Bloody London prices!

4 Likes

How much for £4 though - a pint, a half, 2/3?

Bought this with the intention of saving it to have with Christmas dinner, but if I was going to save it why did I put it in the fridge?!

Pretty tasty IPA that.

2 Likes

Depends on the beer (nothing is a pint)

3 Likes

50ml

2 Likes

I think it’s £3 for everything at the Manchester one

Just shipped a mixed 6 pack of DEYA back to my parents’ house for Christmas :sunglasses:

Local Beer Swap Shop (e.g. every so often, thinking maybe quarterly, 2 people get paired with someone and send each other local beers)

• I would be interested
  • I would not be interested

0 voters

My 1 of the year now in extraordinarily expensive barrel-aged version.

£10 for a 375ml.

:grimacing:

https://twitter.com/cloudwaterbrew/status/1074994396167331841