DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

I’m almost jealous

A couple of nice beers I’ve kept aside for Christmas, one per night. Sadly I think I’m getting a cold :scream:

4 Likes

Is that Okie by Prairie?

Pekan. Bloody love Prairie.

Welcome back. (I know you’re not really back)

1 Like

Took this round a mate’s for a post dinner beer last night after keeping it for about 18 months until a suitable occasion presented itself.

Turned out to be pretty shit. Thin and watery and with distinct bovril undertones. :confused:

Went Leeds. Went Northern Monk, went North Brew Co, went Assembly Underground.

Now going to be sick.

6 Likes

Very jealous of all these Christmas selections. Have the latest Northern monk box and a few other bits waiting for me at home but up with the girlfriends family for Christmas.

Which UK cities are the best for beer? All the northern ones look great. Should be having a stag do at some point next year and it seems like the perfect excuse to go somewhere and get some nice beers.

Not done loads, but Manchester is great every time I’ve been. York is lovely but depends on what kind of stag you have in mind. Can’t see it being very stag friendly. We were on the cusp of going to Leeds which looks great. London is brilliant but quite spread out.

1 Like

Manchester, Leeds (and Huddersfield for Magic Rock), Newcastle, York

1 Like

Thanks @CHAIRMAN_LMAO and @rich-t , was thinking Manchester, I’ve never been and it looks great. Don’t want anything huge, just to go and enjoy some nice beers. Hadn’t thought about Huddersfield but Magic Rock are great.

You could tie Huddersfield in with Leeds, or a standalone thing. One of @safebruv’s favourite pubs is in Huddersfield.

I’m planning on doing similar. But maybe in Brugge

1 Like

Manchester, Huddersfield and Leeds is a great weekend right there

Huddersfield is small but has a few fantastic places (magic rock, the Grove and arcade for starters)

I think Manchester just shades it over Leeds but they are both brilliant.

I need to get myself to York

1 Like

Just nipped into the local near my parents house

They’ve got the Buxton Anglo Belguique IPA on keg.

£4.50 a pint!!!

Think I’ve paid best part of that for a half of it before

2 Likes

Stay for a night somewhere.

Start in Manchester, train to Huddersfield is 30 mins get off there for a bit then it’s another 30 mins to Leeds.

Or the other way round.

2 Likes

This Even More Death Imperial Stout (12%) is ludicrously good.

Reckon I’ll be asleep within the hour though.

4 Likes

holy crap, want. @blind_pilot??

2 Likes

I’m on it.

2 Likes

Got a bottle of CW Christmas cake for tomorrow can’t wait.

This was very nice. Only two quid from the discount box in Friends of Ham too

1 Like