DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Had the pilsner and IPA and both are fine.

@JaguarPirate felt like I was forgetting a really obvious one to me last night Kirtkstall - Virtuous is a really good one.

Also you’ve got yer evil brewdog vagabond too.

Want

I’m going to the saturday of that.

I’ve been every year it’s a cracking festival and the beers cheap. So it the ticket.

Yeah id like to go but is always just after ive gone back home after Xmas so never seems worth while doing the trip.

:smiley: reminded from my untappd last night?

Probably, but it’s been on fucking everywhere around leeds/Bradford.

Only just realised there are different versions of photon trails.

The grapes in Liverpool (not the one on Matthew St) really is a total gem. Northern Monk on cask in perfect condition for £3.40 a pint. Unreal

2 Likes

Any bottle shops that’ll still be open or off licenses that sell decent beer around Hackney/Dalston

Gibberish have got back all the mad hatter recipes, and have done a triple nightmare on bold st. It’s sublime

Currently drinking a Ba de Mole - it’s delicious.

Not too sweet and not too spicy - it all tastes very natural too.

2 Likes

Any of the London lot know if the Royal Oak in Borough is currently open? Currently as in in general, not right this second. Have arranged to meet someone there this evening but then I remembered the discussion upthread about new management.

I was in there on the 13th of Dec.

Pretty sure it’s not closing - just new management. Decent options nearby if it is shut though.

Pretty sure it’s still open, was there the week before Christmas - landlord is retiring but Harveys are keeping it with new management. Actually overheard a lot of gossip in there, but will save that for another time…

Nah, spill it now.

Eh, it wasn’t all that.

Basics was that Harvey’s thinks the place will be a goldmine, but the outgoing rep who happened to be propping up the bar next to me reckoned they were in for a big disappointment, and that the place would lose a lot of custom when the current landlord left. Sounded a bit grim tbh. There was other stuff from the rep but that was a lot more personal!

I think sometimes Harveys think that they’re bigger / more important than they are. For a long time there was a letter from Harveys up behind the bar at the Prince Albert in Brighton showing the price they wanted to charge per barrel (which also had a handwritten note underneath from the landlord of the Prince Albert flagging up that this was significantly more than other brewers were charging per barrel). I think part of it was that Harveys didn’t want to take custom away from the Lord Nelson just a few doors down, but I think the result was that they were losing sales.

I can confirm that the Royal Oak is still open. Mine’s a besht.

Appaz the US government shutdown is stopping new beers coming out there

In Mikkeller in Shoreditch now. S’alright. Drinking a neon raptor endangered porter, which is very nice.