DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Delicious, the best sour IPA I’ve had yet I think. Nice cherry tartness with just a vanilla hint at the end - great can as per too

Also had a Manual Brewing pale that was fine but sort of meh

Shit I’ve still not been!

It’s pleasant, good people watching, good for solo beer. 20 taps.

Ghost Whale throwing some shade.

Now that 2019 is firmly here and we have all (begrudgingly?) accepted the fact one of the key questions that has been our lips here at Ghost Whale is - what beer styles will rise to prominence this year?

2018 saw the emergence of the Brut IPA - a type of IPA that is dry on the finish, clear, crisp and supposed to mimic some of the characteristics of Champagne. Frankly - none of us here really liked this style - the only one I can remember personally enjoying was by Brussels Beer Project at their taproom. You guys also voted somewhat with your purchasing behaviour - this style didn’t really fly off of our shelves.

I had a few. Wasn’t fussed. Doesn’t really like white wine / “champers” though? I have a Gypsy Hill x Verdant “Fruited Brut IPA” sat in a cupboard though.

Big fat meh from me(h).

I’ll tell you what though. Got a real appreciation for And Union’s Unfiltered Lager. One of the best supermarket beers around.

2 Likes

More straightforward sour this time, don’t get the sweet edge or the hops like I did from yesterday’s. Still nice though

On that topic, guy in the shop today told me he basically considers bruts to be a pyramid scheme as everyone sells them to the shops but then no one ends up buying them so they just have a big overstock they can’t shift.

Which is mad to me since I’ve enjoyed every one I’ve had and some have been among my fav “regular” beers of 2018. Ah well, can’t account for taste

The 'trose up here dont we to stock and union

Shame

Yeah a walk through the Meanwood valley trail with the Sunday pale once felt like it saved my life.

1 Like

Donated… Xmas… trees

Delicious wild foraged Christmas trees, don’t ya know! Covered in that extremely flammable no needle drop spray stuff, for a delicious plasticy twist!

2 Likes

With be like Nollaig no? Fine.

1 Like

The sediment in the bottle is shredded tinsel.

2 Likes

Yeah having some of this myself now. Super tasty, smooth but not as sweet or cloying as this style can sometimes be.

got a couple of theirs in Tesco a few weeks ago and i thought i remember liking this one the best.

got another for tonight and realised it smells horrible, like feet and puke, and it’s put me off it massively. struggling to get through it. wonder if i just got a bad can somehow.

Lads this is fucking ridiculous

Tastes like a minty pina colada

Opened my even more death, pretty good.

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

Where’s that xylo? TR?

1 Like