DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Always looks lovely in their Insta

1 Like

Must give that a go.

Just back from a few days in Czech Republic and visited a couple of breweries that did unfiltered lagers - both lovely and so, so drinkable. More like helles than pilsner. Hendrych and Krkonošský Medvěd. Not heard of either before.

Aye the brewery bar is a beaut (even if it’s located in an industrial in the middle of nowhere :sweat_smile:)!

Did you get to try their new low ABV Pale?

2 Likes

I picked up a couple of Big Drop 0.5% beers at the weekend (the milk stout and the pale ale). They are, without a doubt, the nicest low alcohol beers that I have ever tasted.

1 Like

There’s a tiny Rebel/big drop 0.5% imperial stout coming soon, which should be interesting

2 Likes

This place:

https://thebeerboutique.com/our-shops/

1 Like

If the Big Drop milk stout is anything to go by, the Tiny Rebel collab will be well worth trying.

Out of everything they’re releasing for their 7th birthday, this is by far the most intriguing

2 Likes

Thought it was decent too! Fingers crossed that they keep brewing it.

1 Like

Interesting - Harveys have just shifted their low alcohol proposition too. They did have one low alcohol bitter, which they’ve now rebranded as Harveys Sussex Low Alcohol (and maybe changed the recipe to be more like normal Sussex, which everyone will agree is great), and have also launched a low alcohol version of their Old ale too.

1 Like

which I was alerted to because they tweeted about this article, which may be of interest to @xylo and other dry January types:

1 Like

Can’t wait!!!

1 Like

Is anyone here going to the Cloudwater Friends & Family Fest in March? @safebruv? Got some friends going and considering it.

1 Like

Was talking to my mate about exactly this on Saturday at Brewdenell.

I’m wavering and will probably buy a ticket

1 Like

I’m working it on the Saturday day session and attending in the evening

1 Like

Saturday late is when my mates are there, need to look at the logistics but will probably go for it, any idea if they’re close to selling out? Would be ideal to wait for payday…

I don’t know, I’ve not seen any “last few tickets” tweets.

I think the price of these “all in” ones stop them selling out so fast, people seem less likely to just grab tickets and work it out later when it’s £60

1 Like

do they get any guests in or is it just TR? I’m going to Newport on Thursday but generally hate Tiny Rebel beers (but will have a look if decent guest selection)

a what?

mmm ok, might give it a go if I have time