DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

In what way are you imagining you’d embarrass yourself?

Sure, it’s a music, beer and Berlin contact all rolled into one!

Just language but it seems they operate in English and it’s the Aberdeen crew holding the interviews

Well hopefully it helps. It’s the only way I can contribute

In my experience Germans (only been to Berlin mind) are very well versed in English. I think enough of the local lingo could be picked up to get by on, if needs be. You’re Scottish aren’t you (as am I)? Very close linguistically

Not linguistically, phonetically

Oh I know, and I’ve been going for years/know a couple folk out there already/am in a relationship with one, it’s more just the working context. I know loads who seem to get on just fine without much German and I’ve already got some understanding of it, but I have some fairly deep anxiety problems regarding the unknown.

Also, yeah sort of, half Scottish, due to my upbringing I very much have an English accent though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m saying all this but I’d never be able to move abroad. That must be your good half :joy: If I was more sociable I’d love to get into the craft beer scene in some way. I’m almost as passionate about it as music

If you like beers with a kick get this! Hitting the spot for me

Mate go for it. As much as they stick from beardy wankers like us, they’re very respected in the industry and seem like a good place to work, plus it opens a lot of doors to other beery gigs.

2 Likes

Oh I’m way more Scottish than my voice suggests :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time it’s just scary now it’s real

Yeah that’s the thing, I’m going (definitely now, it’s booked) and if it gets me into Berlin great but I don’t need to stay

1 Like

V12 ohhh Yeeeeaaahh

1 Like

Double chin: Yup, I don’t want none

Let me refer you so I get dollah?

1 Like

Sure, if that’s a thing, go nuts

Aye, we do referral bonuses, think you get money too if you’re hired through it? Don’t quote me on that though.

If you need any advice/BrewDog intel just give me a shout btw man, more than happy to offer some insider advice!

1 Like

Obviously yes please :blush:

I go to Manchester quite a bit as a mate lives there. He has kids so I usually stay here…

http://www.abbey-lodge.co.uk/

Cheap and right near all the decent boozers in Chorlton, including Marble’s pub which is great. Or ‘ace’ as they say up there.

I hated it but others in thread enjoyed it!