DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

I spent £33 on two beers yesterday.

Don’t. Go. To. Beer. Shop. When. Half. Cut. FFS.

3 Likes

It’s in Leeds over the Easter weekend.

I know it is, I’m going :grinning:

Had a can of this over the weekend and thought it was fantastic. Just makes me want to try one of the Cloudwater DIPAs more.

Also picked up a couple of the Omnipollo ice cream bottles.

I’ve tried all of them apart from the Lemon Meringue. Just can’t seem to find it anywhere.

Was down in Balham at the weekend and picked them up from we brought beer but I’d been keeping an eye out for them and this was the first time I had seen them. Got the Lemon Meringue and the Texan pecan ones.

This has made the week a bit easier. There’s Omnipollo and Dugges, as well as new UK breweries Lost & Grounded and Odyssey who I’m keen to explore more of!

2 Likes

Generally been pretty impressed with Odyssey but they are mighty expensive

Just had a Cloudwater IPA Secret Wai-Iti.

So, so good. Prefer this to the DIPAs personally.

This stuff. Woof.

Aye had this the other night (this Storm bird?) was rather great.

I had lervig’s hop drop sour last night which was EXCELLENT

1 Like

i just accidentally stumbled onto ratebeer.com and i can’t comprehend how one becomes such a beer penoid:

“Malty aroma with caramel and toffee, and a hint of hay.”

a hint of hay.

“Poured from bottle a nice amber with white head. Aroma is cereals, green, wet bread. Taste simular. Thin mouthfeel. Fairly average.”

WET BREAD.

MOUTHFEEL.

4 Likes

It’s awful, isn’t it?

“It was the mention of hay in the review that persuaded me to try this one” - no-one, ever.

1 Like

Don’t be so human-centric. Horses deserve nice craft beers too.

What do you want it to say, “tastes like beer”?

:joy:

Bread and Hay are pretty standard beer descriptors

1 Like

As I had a day off today I met a friend for lunch in Croydon. As I was there it was rude not to pop into Freshfields.

I got these beers for £20.53.

just so i’m clear, are you saying there isn’t a midpoint between ‘tastes like beer’ and ‘hay and wet bread’?

i knew this would bring the beer penoids out

is the bread always wet?

What would that midpoint be? “Fruity”? “Bitter”? Is “floral” a acceptable, or is that too far?

Beer is a complex drink and there are a myriad of flavour compounds and respective associations that go along with that. That’s why people in this thread enjoy drinking different beers. Even if you’re not specifically picking them out or able to name them, they make it what it is. Seems silly to criticise someone for picking out hay as a flavour descriptor, it’s not like they wrote “it’s like a long-ago childhood spent playing hide and seek in a hay loft”.