DiS Beer Wankers 2.0

Woof.

Drinking this now and I love it. It’s incredible! Totally get that it’s going to divide people though, and there’s no way I could drink more than one can.

They do, haven’t been personally. Facebook says Thursday - Saturday as a taproom, Monday - Wednesday for off sales during the day. They seem to be next to Black Rock, whose stuff is pretty decent from what I remember of it.

Mono, Hand and Beerwolf Books are my favourite places to drink in Falmouth, plus this post on Boak & Baileys blog has a good list of some others, even if it’s a few years old.

1 Like

Today’s haul;

Tiny Rebel - Clwb Tropicana
Verdant - Headband
Unity - Coalescence (newish brewery based in Southampton, heard good things about them)
Buxton/Stillwater - Subliminal Imperial Stout
Kernel - Nelson Sauvin IPA
de Struise - Pannepot (2016)
Northern Monk/Siren Craft - Patrons Project 3.02 (piña colada black IPA)

Plus this months beer52 Box arrived yesterday.

Signed up for this new Honest Brew ‘Beer Bank’ thing they’ve started. Deposit £20 a month (at a minimum), and they give you 10% credit on top of what you’ve deposited each time, and a free upgrade to next day delivery (though you still have to pay for delivery).

I’ve not signed up for a beer subscription before because I always want to choose my own, but this could be the one for me.

It’s clearly working because I immediately ordered these:

Buxton v Stillwater - Subluminal Imperial Stout 10%
Buxton v Stillwater - Superluminal Sour IPA 7%
Atom - Neutron Star - Stout 12.6%
Omnipollo - Onda Pale Ale 5%
Buxton - Axe Edge - IPA 6.8%
Howling Hops - Double Chocolate Coffee Toffee Vanilla Milk Porter

Interesting. Link?

https://honestbrew.co.uk/bank/

I got an invite code to redeem, and you can join the waiting list if you haven’t received one. If you’re on their email list I imagine you’d get one pretty soon, but happy to DM you with my code if you want to give it a go and see if it works.

Apparently you also get early access to limited beers and offers on special mixed cases etc.

1 Like

Look at me spending money as if I still have a job… :confused:

3 Likes

Local corner shop selling this now

2 Likes

So sessionable.

Aye tis decent like

Mr Pink needs to be tried

it’s pretty fuckin great

Just got a Facebook ad telling me that Bud Light is now available in the UK… will be rushing out to get hold of it immediately.

4 Likes

They are pushing that hard. Anyone ever tried a Light beer? Don’t think I ever have.

Don’t mind Budweiser as generic lagers go.

Got a bit of a craving for a really crisp pilsner actually.

Might pick up a few of these from Nelson Wines on my way home. What’s everyones go to pilsner?

2 Likes

1 Like

Villages Whistle is very good, so good that I choose it first when I’m at their tap room (they only have four beers so far tbf…)

Also a big fan of Pilsner Urquell.

Also, that’s a helles, not a pilsner. :wink:

also Augustiner, or Jever/Flensburger