DiS Beer Wankers 2019

What the hell is it?!

1 Like

This is proper good lads.

2 Likes

Some kind of lime berliner weisse

1 Like

Finished the last of my Secret Santa DiS Keith Brewery selection @dillingerswheelman

A really good gift - I think the Larger Keith and the Stout Keith were probably the best of them. I can also recommend Rye Keith if you can find it.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I was wondering why you were checking all of those on untappd.

1 Like

This might be my favourite basic/straightforward beer I’ve ever had. Just delicious, malty but bitter and refreshing. Went and bought 3 wanker beers to have to celebrate new job tomorrow but all I wanted was the crack this open instead!

Also WB choices for reference

2 Likes

I picked up a Fullers and Friends box this weekend. Probably going to go for the Cloudwater NEIPA first, unless there’s any gems in there I should be prioritising?

They’re all good, if a little lacking, but that CW NEIPA is not the beer it wishes it was.

3 Likes

Is that a year old box?

They were all fine. Nothing amazing, nothing shite

Don’t know - the bottles have a best before date of December 2019 though, so I’m sure it’s fine.

Been keeping an eye out for the new one but don’t think its out yet. https://www.fullers.co.uk/blog/beer-articles/fullers-and-friends-round-two

Its an Interesting beer to pick to talk about from Magic Rock, so curious to see what they are doing.

1 Like

Be surprised if its released now fullers are Macro.

De molen got bought out this weekend too

I don’t know - if it’s been a long time in the planning they’re unlikely to pull it. I got the impression it was always about collabs rather than Fullers pretending to be a craft brewer (unlike when Beavertown got bought up)

Erm…

1 Like

Sounds petty to me. Have they got an arbitrary size brewery that they choose to stick their fingers up to? One pint under and you’re good, one pint over and you go swivel?

Who would call Fullers small beer?

It is petty and Chorlton are notoriously prickly, but I imagine others will be in the same boat.

I’ll take it off their hands if they pay shipping

3 Likes

The tweet before makes it seem a little bit less petty. They didn’t actually brew it with Fullers in the end. So it is more that they can’t call it a collab rather than won’t.

Anyone tried any Brewsters stuff?
Hard to get in London

Fuck, that Wylam/Beebliotek black IPA is stunning, so much maltier than any version I’ve had before. Easily my favourite of that style to date