DiS Beer Wankers 2019

Took a trip down to Dark Revolution brewery on the outskirts of Salisbury earlier. £16 for 8 tins. Bargain.

IMG_20190914_161142

4 Likes

Ooh, have you had them before/can you post what was good? I was tempted to make an online order the other week

I’ve had So.LA (cask, very good), Velveteen (keg, decent) and Dog Daze (cask, decent) before. Will let you know about the rest. The one I really wanted, Baloo, they didn’t have.

1 Like

Cheers, I definitely like the sound of the biscotti stout too.

Picked up the chocolate stout from Southsea on Thursday. The guy in the shop recommended them.

1 Like

Just had a very pleasant hour in the Unity Brewery tap room teaching the baby how to play Connect 4 and drinking their lovely pale ale.

Take out selection was great, this is my evening plan (together with finishing the washing up).

6 Likes

Can’t wait to get in there in 4 weeks time m9!

1 Like

Nearly went for that pressure drop can earlier but went for Promenade instead

Getting through these tonight with my other half. Well chuffed I found Salopian stuff up in Glasgow, have missed their stuff since moving from Shropshire.
Have people come across their stuff before? Don’t recall seeing any of their beers in these threads. They do a core cask real ale range and then a load of craft stuff, both excellent

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve had a few of theirs down sarf, but not for a while. Half Life, Catatonic, Darwin’s Origin and Hop Twister

2 Likes

Bloody love salopian, me

Kashmir is one of those ill always have if I see it on, and the one they did with loka polly in the summer was amazing, one of my locals had it on cask for about £4 a pint, which was nice

I wasn’t too keen on that transfusion one though

2 Likes

Enjoyed both Insomnia and Kashmir in the past, where did you go to get these?

Oh also that Cloudwater is bloody gorgeous, my favourite since starting (other than Gipsy Hill colab)

Have cut back on beer generally this month but spent a tenner for some NFL beers tomorrow. Want to revisit the Rothaus because I read something recently about how it’s every US beer wanker’s perfect German lager, the Bock was reduced to clear, and the W&T can was too sexy to turn down.

1 Like

Rothaus is indeed lovely, wouldn’t quite put it at the top but it’s up there

1 Like

Here’s me rn (sorry for shite photo)

2 Likes

I’ve never seen (noticed) Salopian - where did you buy from?

I’m just finishing the Pigsx7 NM Sweet Relief.

It tastes like cordial.

New Wave carry those Salopian cans in Scotland so quite a lot of shops have them just now - only tried Bubble which is fantastic

1 Like

Just need to gurry up and stop being sick so I can enjoy this lot.

3 Likes

I had the NM Passion Fruit Lassi last night and didn’t like it much. You could definitely taste the passion fruit but it was so sweet that it set my teeth on edge. Really disappointed because I loved the mango one when I had it a couple of years back.