DiS Beer Wankers 2019

Pint of Lenor please mate.

Swamper was very good for such a low abv beer if I remember rightly.

3 Likes

Yeah, every time I drink some Gypsy Hill I think I should try more of their beers

I think they’ve really upped their game in the past 12 months or so. In my mind they started really improving about the same time they began canning. Might just be coincidence, but that’s my perception anyway.

1 Like

I enjoyed Blader (I think it was) a few months ago. Was on the industrial estate they’re based at last year and it all seemed like jolly good fun I have to say. Lots of music and laughter and that sort of thing coming from their buildings.

Was at the Cloudwater thing all day yesterday (as a volunteer for the first session and an attendee on the the evening) , the morning was total chaos, we basically took down and packed the entire site and put it back up again.

I’ve no idea who fucked up what with regards to the licence, I heard lots of different things.

What I would say is that once it was up and running, it was a really really good festival. One of if not the best I’ve been to.

Just insanely good beer and the “guaranteed pours” thing worked well and pretty much no queues anywhere

2 Likes

Worrying news for fans of impys and TIPAs

https://twitter.com/SIBA01/status/1102530684776841222

Jokes on them cause I can still buy 3L boxes of wine

Surely they just get classified as something else and everyone carries on as before?

How do you mean

Well, I’m pretty sure that there are treacly beers out there which get classified as barley wine instead, but get put alongside beers in off licences?

Barleywine is still a beer though, for all tax purposes etc. And the name / type of alcohol doesn’t matter here anyway, it’s the strength and way it’s served that matters. If a good Chateauneuf de Pape were being sold in a crown-capped 330ml bottle, it would have to go before the panel. The issue is whether or not the serving suggests that it should be drunk by one person in a single sitting. A 750ml screw-cap bottle typically doesn’t. A 440ml can typically does.

You should see my fridge. Full of half drunk cans of TIPA with cling film over the top. Perfectly fresh for the next day

I really wish I had money for wanker beer. Haven’t had any since I saw you last. Only a month to go!

1 Like

I have one of these for resealing beer bottles.

I have never used it.

1 Like

Mate, cling film

taps nose

1 Like

You of all people should know alcohol goes bad if you leave it overnight - wine, spirits and beer need to be drunk in one sitting or you face serious illness.

1 Like

3 Likes

Enjoying Neon Raptor’s IG game today

https://www.instagram.com/neonraptorbrew/p/BuoPouQFcUp

https://www.instagram.com/neonraptorbrew/p/BuoYqCHlhfQ

£20 well spent on Beer52 bin ends…

1 Like

Didn’t make pancakes, so having silly dessert beer. Northern Monk Patrons Haze-le-nut. It’s basically boozy Nutella, and it’s really fucking good.

3 Likes

Also just had this (but with pancakes) - so so good.

2 Likes