DiS Beer Wankers 2019

Look at those high Glaesga ceilings tho :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I just had an Amundsen port BA caramel pecan pie impy stout. It was a bit good

Used my HB&B voucher again today

7 Likes

Had that wheat beer ipa from mine last night. Well nice.

1 Like

Shoreditch bound this evening. Griffin probably. Quite fancy an Augustiner Helles…

2 Likes

Just had a pint of Augustiner up here. Good lord I love that tasty, tasty lager.

2 Likes

Hey! I’m a Brighton-based beer wanker!

I rarely step out of the Music section on these forums, only just found this thread. But here is my window sill collection of beers with good artwork, they all tasted banging too. Love having a strong UK scene. I’ve since added the Chasing Mirrors and Bare Bones, also got to love the peely labels with all the information on. Skelatory was soooo good!

5 Likes

Just been for a couple of pints in Tiny Rebel and had some Interesting Beers™. Firstly one called Frambuzi, which had a sour raspberry flavour and was quite nice but took a while to get through. Think just one of them was enough. Second was one called Pump Up The Jam which was jam doughnut flavoured. This one was a bit nicer I think but the flavour was subtle. Getting into this whole craft beer lark a bit you know. Think I should probably start going for beers that aren’t trying to emulate my favourite desserts though

1 Like

Where are you getting your beers from? Bison? Trafalgar Wines? Quaff?

Always good to find out about other good stockists locally.

Drink what you like, you shouldn’t feel pressured by some concept of what “proper” beers are. Just keep an open mind and keep trying stuff, before you know it you’ll be arguing about correct pH levels for producing the perfect Franconian kellerbier.

2 Likes

They’d run out of Augustina Turner just as I arrived :disappointed:. Pint of Camden Hells sated my hankering for a cripsy boi, then I switched to Bliss Point which is the first Thornbridge beer I’ve had in ages and was very decent.

Cheers, I will! been slowly coming around to them for a while as they seem like they’re a fun thing to like if you know what I mean :sweat_smile: (I normally only drink lager) There are quite a few nice craft beer places where I live too. The pub I work at once had Cwtch as a guest ale and that’s what got me started

1 Like

Lagers are awesome, and very much having a moment - if you were a Stella (or whatever) drinker, try out Augustiner Helles, Mahr AU, Lost & Grounded Keller Pils, Braybrooke Keller Lager and see what you think.

1 Like

had that a month or so back, was very nice - a bit sweet but good for a pint

Yeah it’s pretty decent, no where near as sickly as I was expecting

Thanks, I will! Think I’ve seen the first one somewhere before. Might order a little selection in soon

where?!

the whisper it best lager in the world turned up at work this week

3 Likes

It’s a lovely beer but it’s Augustiner for the indier-than-thou :wink:

2 Likes

exactly!

8 Likes

Brauhaus, which was otherwise gimmicky and a bit shit. But Augustiner…