DiS Beer Wankers 2019

I think it was listed as a sour ipa on the can

Just tasted like a very nice fruit beer to me

Yeah, was expecting a proper tart blueberry thing. It’s way more delicate and balanced, and not actually sour

IMG_20190315_202358
This was top notch. Hadn’t tried the brewery before but will definitely be getting more in the future

2 Likes

I’ve either had one or two Verdant beers and it/they were excellent.

Don’t think I’ve had a bad one. A couple of shakes hand Closet Cartographer: Eureka being one of them ones, but the vast majority of them have been excellent

1 Like

They’re a good bunch. Had a couple of their big juicy IPAs and always been impressed.

Hopefully picking one of these up today.

Good to know they’re consistent! Got their 13% stout Moon Dust next on my list. You tried it?

This from the one in town?

The price of brewdogs own stuff in their own bars is ridiculous, think I paid like a fiver for a bottle or can of Elvis juice.

The one opposite the kelvingrove is pretty handy say and yeah decent american guests.

1 Like

If this is the one with coffee then I had it yesterday at mikkeller. It was well fucking bum.

You’re a well-travelled lot. Does anyone know what the good Barcelona beer wanker places are?

Garage and BierCaB are both amazing. The draught list at the latter is almost always incredible.

2 Likes

Aah, They’re the ones which jumped out at me too. Well, that and Barna Brew. Had a couple of Garage cans so muy interested in them. Cheers

Ah, the cans came from actual friends who were over from Vermont, not Brewdog: I sure as hell wouldn’t be able to afford whatever they’d have to charge in their bars should they ever bring in Heady themselves!

I really don’t like the Merchant City bar, but still got a soft spot for Kelvingrove as I managed it for about 3 years back when Brewdog were actually a fun and interesting brewery to work for.

1 Like

I was there last week, here’s the list I sent to a friend

Bars:
Biercab (plus shop)
Garage
Mikkeller
Kraftank (will show the footy should you need it)
Ølgod
Kaelderkold
Beer’linale
Abirradero
Lambicus (should you decide you want Belgian stuff)
Ale&Hop
Craft
BarCat

Bottleshops
La Beata
Okasional beer

2 Likes

Cheers. Our host (a Barcelonian) is just starting to get into wanker beers. He’s threatening to take us on a brewery tour as well. This’ll be great!

1 Like

Oh nice!

The first 4 on that list are all within about 2-3 blocks of each other as well. The rest are all over the place, but I’m sure you’ll never be too far from a good BW place

Don’t let them take you to the Brewdog though, it’s really bad

2 Likes

Can confirm Brewdog is shit there. Absolutely loved Garage and Mikkeller though. Food in Biercab was awful but it has loads of taps. Seemed to be a shitload of strong stuff on last time I was there though, guess I just got unlucky (or lucky if 10%+ beer is your thing).

Guys I just counted up how many different beers I’ve had this year so far.

Guys it’s not good, the try-em-all obsession is getting outta haaaand.

1 Like

A lot of chat about how brewdog are shit now. Have they actually changed the core beers in terms of the ingredients etc? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

1 Like

And in unrelated news …

NM Skelatory is great (though fell into the trap of just-another-great-IPA), North Giant Steps is up there with my fav proper chocolatey stouts and Siren Squealer is awesome and very interesting for being a Bretted sour.

And then there was White Crow Omen by Amundsen. A Russian imperial white stout (not a “White Russian” imp stout as my friend sadly realised) - it was gash. Split the can and neither of us even got close to finishing our portion. Avoid at all costs.