DiS Beer Wankers 2019

Really good this

Yes. Yes it is.

1 Like

I’m solo parenting tonight so just sticking to one. The people have spoken - I’ll have the Gypsy Hill later this week.

Cracked the Jungle one myself this evening. Far too actually-fruity for me.

1 Like

I thought it was delicious. I could have easily had two or three more.

1 Like

Not as good as I was hoping tbh, though it was the third beer of the session so maybe an unfair judgment.

Also some of the Omni etc beers have ruined me. Any stout under about 8% feels thin now …

Went to the Manchester winter beer fest today, tiny Rebel had a hazelnut stay puft on cask

Yeah, that was good

1 Like

Anybody going to the Cloudwater Friends & Fam fest on the Friday night? Volunteering the Sat night and just realised I don’t know anybody going on Friday night for my free sesh! @safebruv

Still really want to try imperial stay puft…

Norhtern monk for the drew millawrd art :heart:

Finally having a glass of Lost & Groundeds Keller Pils. It’s bloody nice I must say.

3 Likes

Few blokes in here chatting about amending Untappd ratings. Quite unusual to see these folk out in the wild.

2 Likes

So St John At Hackney brewery (who are next to The Experiment in Hackney) came up as ‘best new greater london brewery’ on RateBeer’s list this year, so I’ve just popped in - always used to walk past it on the way to the Experiment before tbh as it looks like a wanky bar rather than a brewery but it’s actually very nice in here and their new Mare Street Mosaic is very nice. Will be back in future.

Still can’t believe they’re running with that name

Ha - it’s not great - and seemingly nothing to do with the actual church?

I find Keller Pils to be a very changeable beer, which I think they’ve admitted to - I like it, but have found it on occasion to be a bit too earthy / herbal.

The church, the famous restaurant, or Hackney Brewery… all of whom I imagine aren’t best pleased.

1 Like

That’s the first time I’ve had it, but have heard that it can vary a lot.

Just been in Czech Rep drinking a lot of unfiltered Bohemian lagers and have had a hankering for something similar since, and it really hit the spot. Who else is doing similar stuff over here?

Heard good things about Bohem though I haven’t tried them myself. Would’ve recommended Villages Whistle Pilsner but had a bad version on draft recently.

Oh yeah, keep meaning to check out Bohem. I used to live in Wood Green not far from where their tap room is (was?). Don’t think I’ve ever seen it for sale anywhere though… Will give Whistle a go. Cheers.

Have you tried the And Union unfiltered lager?