DiS Best Films of the Century

Hiya.

i’d like to create a top 20/50/100/250 list of DiS’s top films since the year 2000. You know, for fun.

This would involve creating a list of your 20 favourites (20pts for 1st, 19pts for 2nd etc) and PMing them to me. I’d then tally them all up and release them as a Letterboxd list and then we can all enjoy complaining about the results.

Would need a fair uptake to make this work mind, so can I have a show of hands on who would take part?

5 Likes

promINtheus

4 Likes

Ok. I don’t think I could do 50 though. Or maybe I could there’s a lot of films but I can’t remember them.

Yeah, would be 20 nominations each, compiled into a list of 50/100/250 (depending on how many take part) @jazzballet @lwt

20 might be realistic.

imagine you’ll get a top 20-30 then 150 films all with the same amount of points

Can all be decided once the votes are in I guess, will see how far the noms are spaced out.

1 Like

As they say in old french films, I’m fIN (pending proper agreement of the rules and structure)

1 Like

I’m in for 20

1 Like

Caché (hiddIN)

6 Likes

Do I have to do 20? There’s only been about 5 good ones.

Can’t wait to see folk getting sniffy when an entertaining film wins.

In like Flynn.

2 Likes

nah i guess we could say minimum 5 max 20

Think this might be the most run into the ground fake opinion on dis (and that’s saying something)

2 Likes

Haven’t seen any star trek but might vote for the last jedi because it has brought me more joy via the boards than almost any other film

6 Likes

Machina, the film.

I would enjoy to participate in this

1 Like

it’s how these things work. avengers will win despite being no ones favourite.

Alright that’s good enough for me.

PM me your lists. Closing date for nominations 2pm GMT December 7th.

• Films must have been released after 1st January 2000, imdb date is final
  • Feature films only, no documentaries or shorts
  • Use the below template
  • You can nominate fewer than 20 films, but always make sure your number one film gets 20pts

20pts:
19pts:
18pts:
17pts:
16pts:
15pts:
14pts:
13pts:
12pts:
11pts:
10pts:
9pts:
8pts:
7pts:
6pts:
5pts:
4pts:
3pts:
2pts:
1pt:

If you are lacking inspiration then:
2000s ‎Browse Films • Letterboxd
2010s ‎Browse Films • Letterboxd

2 Likes

Dunno, I think there’d be a wide spread. Black panther is the best marvel one for me but doubt it’d get in my 20. Not sure what’s been released this century, tbh.

I will alert the moderators if anyone has a Marvel film in their top 5

14 Likes