DiS Christmas Helpers ❄ 🎅 🦌 🎄

Hi all,

it’s obviously been a tough year for many, and Christmas can be a trying time even in the best of years. I also know for a fact that many DiSers love helping each other out and doing nice things, as we have had so much proof of in the past, with the hardship fund and raffles and what have you. So, I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where

1. Any community member can post about something that they might need help for this Christmas, and not necessarily something that another DiSer can sort out but maybe someone knows of something, etc.
  2. Community members can post about things that they might be able to help other DiSers out with – be it helping out with presents, delivering something, I don’t know, lots of stuff might be helpful. Not just stuff that costs money but other practical things too.

If someone who might need help with something (or who might want to offer something) would like to do so anonymously, feel free to DM me and I’ll post on your behalf. Maybe (some of) the rest of the @moderators team would be willing to volunteer for this as well, so that there’s some choice in who you can contact?

So, very open to anything that might go in here, hopefully it can both be fun and help some people out. Any ideas and suggestions welcome, as well as posting stuff that you can help others with or that you need help with! Goes without saying but this is a completely judgement free zone, in the spirit of DiSmas :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

27 Likes

This is absolutely lovely :heart:
Happy to help in any way, DMs always open etc.

Aw, WR you are the cutest xx

1 Like

Thanks kermo, this was the real reason I posted this thread so I’m happy you’re setting a good example for everyone else. :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

Obviously jINgle bells. Xx

Edit: awwww wr is da bezt!

1 Like

:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Absolutely - :+1:

1 Like

This is awesome! I can help with anything as long as it doesn’t involve living in the UK, because I don’t. But anything that can be done remotely, I can do it!

2 Likes

Pretty much the same for me. If someone on here has some Scandi relatives/friends abroad who are craving something particular for the holidays for example, your Scandi DiS patrol is ready to help!

1 Like

How about a delicious milko funky?

1 Like

This could also be a place to trade favours, I just realised from my last post – say if I really really wanted X from the UK and could offer to send someone Y in return, that sort of stuff.

1 Like

Ooh yes I’ll take two

1 Like

Could I get you to post me some Marabou Hazlenut (I’ll pay obvs) and then I’ll pass the favour on to someone else?

If anyone wants any nice booze for themselves or as presents then I can get most spirits, wine etc at trade prices or whatever and can provide delicious Devon/Cornwall based beers and that.

3 Likes

Think that would have to be one of our Swedish friends!

1 Like

Oh my goodness funky I might have a plan. Any chance you could get hold of some cucumber gin???

1 Like

(it’s my mums absolute fave but nowhere sells it)

Can do you ‘Cucumber Spirit’ which @fappable can vouch for or Elderflower & Cucumber gin?

1 Like

Just got some tea infused gins in today that I had a sample of and are :yum:

1 Like

Cucumber spirit sounds intriguing!!

1 Like