🎄 DiS Christmas Song Submissions 🎄

Yeah, it’s not the best

But I reckon if you wiped all the schmaltz off and did it in a Bowie/Lou Reed/Joy Division in Berlin style it could be something

3 Likes

@moderators any chance of a wee sticky?

We have to do the whole song?
also what can I record it on?
and will you be sharing the whole recording with anyone or are you just gonna use a line and bin it?

If you can. If you wanna just do a verse or whatever that’s fine but it’ll limit how easy it is for me to edit. I’ll use the one line and bin the rest, no one will ever hear it.

I’ll look into what the easiest way to record will be, anyone have any ideas?

I cannot sing. Is it ok if I do it in my Welsh accent?

3 Likes

I was just going to throw it down on my iphone in voice memos. As long as you’re in a clean environment it’s pretty good.

1 Like

Should add, if you want it in a specific format I’m happy to convert it, saves you doing it on your end (I know that I can’t import M4As into my DAW, for example, so I will convert it to something more readily compatible)

refusing to believe this. not you, scout

1 Like

Yes

Yeah this doesn’t need to be a big clean production anyway, just a laugh innit

1 Like

Bathrooms would probably be a good recording room (as long as you don’t have an extractor fan going or something)

2 Likes

Two questions:

1. what’s the deadline for this? Unlikely I’ll have much time to myself until school breaks up.

2. has anyone else done it in the style of popular music act ‘The Body’? If not I might give it a go.

Tempted to do just one line in my metal growl voice.

I’m not gonna tho

3 Likes

16th Dec, will give me some time to edit before Christmas. Will try and get it out around the 20th

1 Like

Ah you may be saved my wretched scream-a-long then. Probably for the best.

1 Like

like this maybe? (couldn’t manage any singing with my cold)

@anon45164313

6 Likes

This is good. You’re great.

2 Likes

is it?

I think I’m a bit delirious

I really like your interpretation of the little synth hook bit in the middle, there’s something really charming about it

2 Likes