DiS Christmas Thread Day: What're you eating for Christmas dinner?

eats
scran
turkeycunts

Hello all! Just wondered what everybody would be tucking into on Christmas Day? I’ve convinced my in-laws to pick up a massive beef welly from M&S.

No idea. Can’t even remember who’s house it’s at this year.

Really just want to stay in London please.

I’m cooking AGAIN. I don’t mind though. I get to stay in the kitchen sipping gin at 11am and listening to Radios 4 and 6.

It’ll be pretty traditional - Turkey and all that. I’ll do a nice chestnut stuffing.

And it goes without saying NO YORKSHIRE PUDDING

probably the same as the rest of the family minus the turkey!

It’s about that time of year I begin to say for the next 3 months “i need to book my flights”

3 months will take me passed christmas

Passed christmas, I gave you my heart

Venison eh?

is this some sort of no-i-deer joke?

Should have said “Venson”

Maybe.

Yes.

yes, I don’t approve of many of your posts, but I approve of this one

My butcher’s offered me 8 legs of venison for £200.

Think I’m going to turn it down though, it’s too dear

two deer hahahahahahaha!!!

No idea. Going to be just me and the missus, I think, first time in 29 years I won’t have been with my parents and brothers. Mixed feelings about the whole thing.

Venson eh?

Each christmas I get a full one of these:

Which I think is supposed to feed 2/3 people? I don’t know, still tastes good and there will be a bunch of good potatoes and veg stuff knocking about. Cheers mum.

idgi

Like wrapped up and that?

Now is not the time for jokes.

Official hierachy of christmas day veg sides:
sprouts > nips > pots > rots > other

Turkey I suppose. Just get a breast normally as there is only 2 of us* **.It’s alright as a one off for Xmas day.

The one we bought last year said ‘Serves 2-3’, after about 3-4 days of picking there was still loads left.

*Might be 3, 4 or even 5 this year.
**It’s not that we hate our own and/or each others families, just cba with it and would rather be a pair of antisocial twats and do our own thing.