DiS Christmas Thread Day: What're you eating for Christmas dinner?

other > 'snips > spuds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sprouts

hahaha look at the big baby!

3 Likes

I’d switch pots and snips around personally. Depends on how thin you’ve cut your parsnips though, hate them when they are big chunks.

Love me some Christmassy other.

Haha no just when the food comes out on the day there’s always a cooked one of those roasts in the middle of the plate, swaying from side to side due to their nature*.

*To those who haven’t seen it, it’s basically a 2.5" thick cylindrical tube of brown fake meat.

I pretty much always neck an entire one over the course of the whole day

I really just hope life’s a bit better in a few months.

Probably a nut roast with all the usual trimmings.

This will be our first Christmas in our own place and I’m really excited about it - I’m looking forward to getting a tree and decorating it and the house. I think we’re hosting my girlfriend’s family on Christmas Day this year, for the first time, which is pretty cool too, but our house isn’t big enough to cope with both sides of the family on one day, so I’ll probably be heading to my folks on Boxing Day (I have a 10mile run where they live the day after, too).

My mum does the same nut roast every year and it is fucking amazing. She’s away this year and I may make the one in the Leon cookbook which looks great.

think I’m going to have the kids xmas eve evening and for xmas lunch this year

xmas eve

• Coca cola ham, dauphinoise potatoes, slow cooked red cabage - all of these will have lots of leftovers to be raided over the next few days

xmas day

Turkey, Home made stuffing (not done this before) , roasties, roast parsnips, sprouts with chestnuts and bacon. amazing proper homemade gravy

Chestnut and chocolate tart for afters

various vegan substitutes for Vegan daughter

Ham cooked in coke

It’s good

2 Likes

My mum just buys a pre-prepared one from M&S - they’re usually pretty decent. Cooking the rest of the stuff for my family takes a lot of time anyway, and it’s not really fair to make her create one from scratch just for me.

You trying to get on the naughty list?

Forgive him Santa, for he knows not what a terrible christmas dinner that is.

You could make it and rock up with it in a loaf tin, all she has to is put it in the oven.

Ah, fuck it, I’ll make you one.

Its for christmas eve , not christmas day

It’s really not that weird

We’re eating with Wor Lass’s parents at an unconfirmed restaurant venue in Edinburgh. I’ll probably be having pasta.

We usually have a gammon joint on Boxing Day and glazing ham with cola is definitely a thing, I believe

I thought it was the accepted way to do it since Nigella had it in her TV show about a decade ago now.

zxcvbnm lives in 1970s Leeds