DiS City - RESULTS???

seriously

2 Likes

Think this is my favourite thread.

9 Likes

Change my number 1 to Neo-Tokyo please

2 Likes

Fucking hell you MANIAC. He’ll run the results again.

3 Likes

Ohhh the cities will have fallen :frowning: no point anymore

1 Like

Gerard Butler will have filmed one a movie for each of the cities so far by the time we hit the podium places.

1 Like

Recount and recap (continued)

Joint 14th (formerly joint 13th)

• Istanbul
  • Toronto

Joint 12th (formerly joint 11th)

• Budapest
  • Dublin

11th (formerly 10th)

• Rome
1 Like

JOINT 8TH [new entry] (12 points)

BRUGGE

Population - 118,284
Notable residents (past and present) - Tony Parker, Hans Memling, Phillip I, William Caxton, Levina Teerlinc, Jan van Eyck, Gotye, Jens Keukeleire

Funiculars available? Sadly not, but as you’re in Belgium, why not check out the Strepy-Thieu boat lift?

Michelin starred restaurants - 4

Approximate founding date - 27th July 1128
Annual tourists - 8.3 million
FIFA World Cups/Olympic Games hosted - 0

3 Likes

Recount and recap (continued)

Joint 8th (no change)

• Venice
  • San Francisco

7th (no change)

• Vancouver

Great stuff. See you all in three weeks!

3 Likes

Love brugge but its one of those catch22 places =

‘this place would be perfect if there were no tourists here! what? no, of course I don’t mean myself’.

3 Likes

I like Bruge, it’s a pretty little place and you just have to accept it’s mega touristy

1 Like

It is, but it’s also one of those where if you go off the main 3 or 4 streets it can quickly become surprisingly quiet.

on my last visit my favourite bit was looking at those three windmills on the outskirts. It was pissing it down so I couldn’t persuade my wife and son to leave the nice warm hotel room. Absolutely desolate apart from one other man seemingly also looking at windmills in the rain on his own. We acknowledged each other then went about our days.

4 Likes

Another one this afternoon?

• Yes please!
  • Steady on warny

0 voters

We spent Christmas in Brugge a few years back and stayed in a cottage about a kilometre outside the city walls. Was great - dead quiet, could walk into the countryside, but also only 20 minutes walk into the centre…

1 Like

Looks nice in photos if you can time them so that there’s no one else in them, but it’s so orientated towards tourism that it just feels like a dead city.

Nah

2 Likes