DiS community digital record label

Disintegration State = UK? EírEU?

1 Like

Ooh. Disintegration State. That’s quite nice.

2 Likes

We can also later monetise the crap out of this with a line of Disintegration Vapes.

3 Likes
  • Disintegration State
  • Another name

0 voters

Yeah I’m probably in the same position as colossalhorse, I’m up for pitching in but it’ll probably be a bit longer till I have something that’s close to releasable (although it’s more do with getting my stuff to sound good in Ableton than lack of ideas)

1 Like

my process is long but worthwhile:

eq, pan, level, level, pan, eq, delete, smoke a phatty, start over, eq, pan, level

4 Likes
  1. Find a sequence of block chords I like
  2. Convert into basic melody
  3. Chuck it through 3 or 4 filters until it’s chopped or distorted to oblivion
  4. Maybe add some drums
4 Likes

disintegration phase

Oh, almost forgot.
5. Realise you’ve used essentially the same loop for 10 minutes.
6. Chop back down to 4 mins

Never do #6

4 Likes

:grinning:

Now THAT is how you make techno! :grinning:

1 Like

Honestly, the InterGraded 12” - can you imagine my surprise at my track being the shortest one on there ?
:^D

3 Likes

I still really like disintegration tapes & don’t care how close it is to Basinski - the closer the better

I picked up my copy of this from Phonica earlier in the week btw - going to listen tonight!

1 Like

Good man. Have to say, all modesty aside, it sounds bloody great on vinyl

1. Play it backwards and move some bits around!
1 Like

Well if/when there’s any questions, feel free to @ me and I’ll do my best!

One thing I wondered: is it worth creating a very short contract or agreement for everyone involved, that just makes it clear the copyright in the recording remains with the artist and not the label? Might be thinking too formally for what this is, but could be a good way of setting things up to avoid any doubt/problems in the future.

1 Like

Yeah, I think we’re in danger of starting to overthink the name now - we need to just go for one of the names and stick with it. Most usernames on here are pretty ludicrous in the cold light of day (ahem!), but they quickly embed themselves and become a part of the furniture.

My only reservation with Disintegration Tapes may potentially be a bit of a cookie-cutter name for an ambient/electronic label, but ultimately any of that Disintegration Phase, Disintegration State or even something like Disband Records would be fine and we probably wouldn’t give a second thought to once settled.

Time for ATT to either temporarily assume a benevolent dictator role or pull one of the proposed names out of a hat I think. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes