DiS community digital record label

Sold!

1 Like

Iā€™m totally up for this and happy to get involved. Perhaps as suggested something in the electronic/experimental/ambient arena is the way to go as a bunch of us already write music that falls loosely into those kind of categories.

As a start Iā€™ve got a Distrokid account to get my stuff as Lowering onto Spotify/iTunes/Amazon etc., and I think I can ā€˜upgradeā€™ it pretty easily to a ā€œlabelā€ which would enable us to include a bunch more artsists and call the ā€œlabelā€ whatever we wanted. I think it would cost about Ā£10/Ā£15 a year depending on how many people wanted in on it.

You can also easily split and send royalties and stuff via Paypal. Obviously I havenā€™t even made enough money back from Spotify streams to cover the distrokid fees so far but :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I do this too. Itā€™s a great deal. Absolutely craps all over the digital distro I was using previously.

1 Like

Iā€™m like this, made some tapes for an album I made a few years ago, set up a Bandcamp and then did nowt with it. Idiot

Hereā€™s our Bandcamp! Two albums released last year, two more to come this year I hope.

6 Likes

Routenote is good too, got my stuff up super quickly in the past

Also I miss @BodyInTheThames ā€˜ drowned in sound cloud community podcast radio

4 Likes

That was the best! He has such a great relaxing radio voice too. Much love and respect for the time and effort he put into all of those

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea, but would have to be handled carefully for all the reasons mentioned above. Iā€™m going to have a think about it : )

1 Like

I also agree that an ambient/electro/lo-if/kick-ass-banjo digital label would be a good idea

4 Likes

Smee!

1 Like

Major leagues LOL

this sounds like an interesting idea. Iā€™ll have a think about what I could maybe contribute

1 Like

Hello bambino!

1 Like

yeah, kind of wish Iā€™d kept doing these actuallyā€¦or something similar anyway

1 Like

If I was rich I would commission you to do this. Not that it helps

Iā€™ve had two pints of Guinness and just realised I only have one life and thereā€™s no reason I canā€™t use the 25-50 years I have left of it to start learning and become adequately good at playing the fiddle. How do I start tho?

1 Like

Doing the Christmas song challenge was fun and a rewarding online community experience so Iā€™m down to contribute in some way - art, synth bloops, a few quid, whateverā€™s needed

5 Likes

Tried to play my friends violin a few weeks back and itā€™s the hardest thing in the world. More chance of playing guitar with my feet

1 Like

Got a fiddle?

1 Like

Maybe try playing the violin with your hands then?

3 Likes